Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Steve Coyle

Default Eve's Necklace ( Sophora affinis )

Howdy folks,
Anyone know of a large specimen of Eve's Necklace growing in Austin
Texas? I'm looking to add it to my photo library. I notice that it's
sold as a small tree but a couple of sources list it as growing to 30
feet.
If there is one around town thats been planted for wahile I'd like to
get a look at it.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
d.tilson

Steve Coyle wrote:

Howdy folks,
Anyone know of a large specimen of Eve's Necklace growing in Austin
Texas? I'm looking to add it to my photo library. I notice that it's
sold as a small tree but a couple of sources list it as growing to 30
feet.
If there is one around town thats been planted for wahile I'd like to
get a look at it.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com

Hey, Steve!

Let me check with my coworker tomorrow; he's pretty good on natives. If
he doesn't know of one, he might know somebody who does.

No bigger than they apparently get, don't you wish you knew where the
Aggies found this one:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...oraaff4186.jpg

Dale
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Rusty Mase

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:23:36 -0600, "d.tilson"
wrote:
No bigger than they apparently get, don't you wish you knew where the
Aggies found this one:
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/o...oraaff4186.jpg

Steve, just steal that photo. They don't get any bigger than that.

Rusty Mase
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
J Kolenovsky

If you contact the Native Plant Society of Texas, Austin chapter,
, they probably know of one in the Travis,
Williamson county area.

Steve Coyle wrote:
=

Howdy folks,
Anyone know of a large specimen of Eve's Necklace growing in Austin
Texas? I'm looking to add it to my photo library. I notice that it's
sold as a small tree but a couple of sources list it as growing to 30
feet.
If there is one around town thats been planted for wahile I'd like to
get a look at it.
=

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com

-- =

J Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/reference.html

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
d.tilson

Steve Coyle wrote:

Howdy folks,
Anyone know of a large specimen of Eve's Necklace growing in Austin
Texas? I'm looking to add it to my photo library. I notice that it's
sold as a small tree but a couple of sources list it as growing to 30
feet.
If there is one around town thats been planted for wahile I'd like to
get a look at it.

Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com

Well, the best my source could come up with is a couple of small ones
that "used to be" behind Hargiss Hall, corner of MLK and Red River.
Don't even know if they're still there.

Dale
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
HallieSC

I'm looking to add it to my photo library. I notice that it's
sold as a small tree but a couple of sources list it as growing to 30
feet.

I have one in my back yard planted 10 to 12 years ago that is easily 20 fet
tall. If my husband would chain saw the hackberry next to it, the Eve's
necklace would show up a little better. E-mail me if you are interested. (It is
in Austin)

Hallie