Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default Bringing Tropicals In

I'm technically in the Hill Country now that I moved from Austin out to
Leander and I've noticed it isn't uncommon for us to get 5-10 degrees colder
than the weatherman said we would!

Well, today he says a low tonight of 38...are those of you in outlaying
areas bringing your plants in?

My garage has a car with a blown engine half in/half out of it...I was
really expecting to have a few more weeks!

tia
--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Karen Kay

"John T. Jarrett" wrote in
:
I'm technically in the Hill Country now that I moved from Austin
out to Leander and I've noticed it isn't uncommon for us to get
5-10 degrees colder than the weatherman said we would!

Well, today he says a low tonight of 38...are those of you in
outlaying areas bringing your plants in?

They just said on ch8 that you should bring tropicals in.
--
Karen
Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Well, the time is here. I dug out my brugmansia's and phormiums and a bunch of
other tender perennials and put them in the greenhouse. Now they're all wilted,
of course, but they should recover in a few weeks or so. If you can't bring
them in yet, get some old blankets and towels, huddle the pots together and
cover them. Make sure the pots themselves are covered as the temperature in the
pot will be the temperature of the air and can cause crown rot on tender plants.