Old 08-09-2006, 10:19 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Rainwater collection plumbing question.

Hi and thanks to all that provided information a couple weeks ago. I have
made the fountation of decomposed granite in a 12 x 12 area. Now the
question is how much drop to I need from the rain gutter to the tank. They
are 10' apart and I can go as high as 30' to the roof.
It is 9' from the ground to the inlet on the tank.
kind regards,
Steven

Old 11-09-2006, 03:47 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote in message
Hi and thanks to all that provided information a couple weeks ago. I have
made the fountation of decomposed granite in a 12 x 12 area. Now the
question is how much drop to I need from the rain gutter to the tank.
They are 10' apart and I can go as high as 30' to the roof.
It is 9' from the ground to the inlet on the tank.
kind regards,
Steven

Steven,

I'm not quite sure I understand your question. As long as the rain gutter
is above the level of the tank it will fill it. This applies whether the
inlet is plumbed to the top or the bottom of the tank.

One trick you may want to try is running a pipe straight down from the
gutter with a cleanout at the bottom, then tee in your tank fill line just
above the top of the tank. The first rain (with bird droppings, leaves etc)
will fill the leg below the tee; as the rain continues the cleaner water
will overflow into your tank.

Rainwater collection advice. Mike United Kingdom 13 07-09-2010 10:22 PM
Rainwater Collection Tanks Texas 6 29-08-2006 04:31 PM
veggie filter plumbing question Mark Bannister Ponds 14 02-11-2004 08:42 PM
Plumbing Question And Progress Pics Link Mark and Kim Smith Ponds 6 31-05-2004 01:06 AM
Plumbing question Laura Ponds 3 17-05-2003 10:56 PM