Old 14-02-2007, 04:52 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Dumb question

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 13:22:31 GMT, "Justin Wilson" wrote:

I wonder if my shirt contains bleach right now.
I washed once a long time ago with a little bleach. I hope its still not in
the shirt.

All cotton production uses chlorine bleach, it is found in everything
white unless indicated to be certified organic. There are about 4
other pesticides found in all cotton. Your shirt would absolutely
test positive for chlorine bleach. I have no doubt about it. If you
think your sarcasm is needed in a discussion, it may be best to not be
in a discussion. Facts are not theories.

Except that Chlorine bleach readily evaporates...

It's why it has to be constantly replaced in swimming pools.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 15-02-2007, 09:08 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:22:43 -0600, Jangchub wrote:

I also said do whatever webtv.

Isn't there an alt.condescension group somewhere that needs your input?
Old 15-02-2007, 10:59 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:08:19 -0600, God Bless Texas
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:22:43 -0600, Jangchub wrote:

I also said do whatever webtv.

Isn't there an alt.condescension group somewhere that needs your input?

I'll see you there.
Old 16-02-2007, 04:46 AM posted to austin.gardening

news
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:22:43 -0600, Jangchub wrote:

I also said do whatever webtv.

Isn't there an alt.condescension group somewhere that needs your input?

I'll see you there.

Sure everyone has seen the Geico TV commercial about caveman. The most
recent commercial with comment about someone waking up on the wrong side of
the rock seems appropriate here. The person making the comment doesn't
address the conversation, rather, makes comment on an understandable
emmotional state with ridicule. I didn't think it was funny.

I just wanted to know something about biodegradability of coffee filters.
--
Noncompliant

Old 16-02-2007, 02:32 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 04:46:04 GMT, "Noncompliant"
wrote:

Sure everyone has seen the Geico TV commercial about caveman. The most
recent commercial with comment about someone waking up on the wrong side of
the rock seems appropriate here. The person making the comment doesn't
address the conversation, rather, makes comment on an understandable
emmotional state with ridicule. I didn't think it was funny.

I just wanted to know something about biodegradability of coffee filters.

I think you now have ample information. The best thing is to buy a
reusable filter to fit your basket type. Or, do an experiement and
let us know how long it takes your "paper" filter to degrade. You are
in charge of this research now.
Old 16-02-2007, 07:16 PM posted to austin.gardening

wrote:

Sure everyone has seen the Geico TV commercial about caveman. The most
recent commercial with comment about someone waking up on the wrong side of
the rock seems appropriate here. The person making the comment doesn't
address the conversation, rather, makes comment on an understandable
emmotional state with ridicule. I didn't think it was funny.

I just wanted to know something about biodegradability of coffee filters.

I think you now have ample information. The best thing is to buy a
reusable filter to fit your basket type. Or, do an experiement and
let us know how long it takes your "paper" filter to degrade. You are
in charge of this research now.

The plastic and/or metal screened reusable filters are a godsend... and
eliminate the whole issue of paper filters.

Plus they make the coffee taste better.

Another option is to give up coffee. I had to do that about 14 years ago
at the advice of a gastroenterologist.

Oddly enough, I got to give up the doctor when I gave up coffee.

He was right.

He told me it was not the caffeine so decaffeinated was out too.

I drink green tea now or take green tea extract and it works better than
coffee ever dreamed of doing.

And its good for you.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Old 22-02-2007, 12:57 PM posted to austin.gardening

Non compliant wrote:
Speaking of coffee, what about those coffee paper filters. Are they
biodegradable? The #4 cone filters seem to be much thicker, in some cases
visible sewn threads on the seams. The basket type seem much thinner. Want
to just dump contents each day in a container. Bury contents including
filters. Separating the used coffee grinds and filter always results in a
bit of mess. Presently using basket type.

Yes. Compost or bury it. Great food for earthworms

Dumb water oxygen question jammer Ponds 11 24-06-2003 04:44 PM
Dumb question about Amano shrimp E. Mito Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 30-05-2003 02:20 AM
Possibly dumb tomato and pepper question Mark Edible Gardening 2 27-03-2003 02:20 PM
Dumb Question... Natty_Dread Gardening 4 06-03-2003 07:27 PM
Dumb Question... (in this newsgroup? What are the odds?) Cereoid+10+ Gardening 1 06-03-2003 05:27 PM