Old 25-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Roger Jensen

Default Help ID Tree

http://www.boomspeed.com/rogjensen/MVC-233F.JPG

This tree grew volunteer in my backyard here in Abilene, Texas. It is about
5 years old and is around 12-14 foot tall, the leaves stay a deep dark green
until late into the fall. It is a pretty tree, grows straight. I only wished
it were not so near to a my workshop but with a volunteer it is not always
easy to be choosy.

Thanks,

Roger

Old 25-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Roger Jensen

I forgot to mention the small white flowers are there only in the spring.

Rog

Old 26-04-2003, 12:56 AM
Rusty Mase

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:56:41 GMT, "Roger Jensen"
wrote:

This tree grew volunteer in my backyard here in Abilene, Texas.

Some people call it a Chinaberry Tree where those who know trees call
it an Ax Tree, that is you take an ax to it the moment you discover
it. Bad weed tree.

Rusty (tongue in cheek) Mase

Old 26-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Roger Jensen

No, this is not an Ax Tree. Take another look, it is not a Chinaberry tree,
but what it is I don't know, I do know it is not Chinaberry or Hackberry
tree.

Rog

wrote:

This tree grew volunteer in my backyard here in Abilene, Texas.

Some people call it a Chinaberry Tree where those who know trees call
it an Ax Tree, that is you take an ax to it the moment you discover
it. Bad weed tree.

Rusty (tongue in cheek) Mase

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Old 27-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Terry Horton

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:41:48 GMT, "Roger Jensen"
wrote:

No, this is not an Ax Tree. Take another look, it is not a Chinaberry tree,
but what it is I don't know, I do know it is not Chinaberry or Hackberry
tree.

Possibly confusion over common names. The picture is of _Melia
azedarach_ .

.. .

Old 30-04-2003, 02:20 PM
G a e X a v i er

http://aquat1.ifas.ufl.edu/melaze.html

wrote:

No, this is not an Ax Tree. Take another look, it is not a Chinaberry tree,
but what it is I don't know, I do know it is not Chinaberry or Hackberry
tree.

Possibly confusion over common names. The picture is of _Melia
azedarach_ .

.. .
wrote:

This tree grew volunteer in my backyard here in Abilene, Texas.

Some people call it a Chinaberry Tree where those who know trees call
it an Ax Tree, that is you take an ax to it the moment you discover
it. Bad weed tree.

Rusty (tongue in cheek) Mase

News==----

Newsgroups

=---

Dig up tree root from large Cedar tree without Killing Tree? Albert[_4_] Gardening 8 12-08-2008 01:37 PM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Tallow Tree was Peach Tree & Crepe Murtle Questions God Bless Texas Texas 5 24-06-2003 06:32 PM
Tree Expert - Can you identify this tree M Thomas Lawns 4 10-06-2003 03:09 AM
Free tree from Austin EnergyCity tree trimming gary Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:10 AM