Old 23-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Michael Horn

Default Where to find day laborers in Austin?

I need some dirt hauled. Where is the best place in Austin, preferrably
South Austin to look for day labor (5-7.50 per hour)

Thanks

Mike

Old 23-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Mapanari

"Michael Horn" babbled and bored us in
:

I need some dirt hauled. Where is the best place in Austin, preferrably
South Austin to look for day labor (5-7.50 per hour)

Thanks

Mike

I guess you haven't hung out in ausgen very much, eh?

Just ask Kirk Watson or Gus Garcia.

--
--mapi--
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americans... The one

Old 23-05-2003, 10:58 PM

I believe that the formal name for the below described place is
First workers

BTW, it is the old greyhound station or near the old greyhound station.

Old 23-05-2003, 11:09 PM
animaux

I've seen them on Cesar Chavez east of 35, but please man, pay them better than
slaves wages. These guys break their backs and have virtually nothing.

Old 23-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Bull Jr.

"Michael Horn" wrote in message ...
I need some dirt hauled. Where is the best place in Austin, preferrably
South Austin to look for day labor (5-7.50 per hour)

There used to be a lot of those ILLEGAL aliens hanging out on 6th
street just off I-35. Not positive they're still there, but it's a
try.

Thanks

Mike

Old 24-05-2003, 12:56 AM
JETman

Yeah and you will be paying illegals as well. A federal offense I
believe even though our own police department is aiding and abetting
them as well...

JT

Old 24-05-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

On Sat, 24 May 2003 07:07:55 -0500, Libralove wrote:

Well, some one has to construct those Roy Roy, Davenport Ranch, Seven Oaks
and Bellalago homes for you rich people.

How many legals do you know will put on a roof at high noon in mid-July here
for $7.50 an hour?

As I can clearly see, people have absolutely no compassion and I'm slated as
that libral yanquee. Oh well. When we had our pool built, it was Mexican men
who broke their backs. I made sure they always had something ice cold to drink
and gave them all a nice sized tip at the end. They were shocked. I 'pose us
yanqueez tip too much.
Old 24-05-2003, 02:32 PM
JETman

animaux wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2003 07:07:55 -0500, Libralove wrote:

Well, some one has to construct those Roy Roy, Davenport Ranch, Seven Oaks
and Bellalago homes for you rich people.

How many legals do you know will put on a roof at high noon in mid-July here
for $7.50 an hour?

As I can clearly see, people have absolutely no compassion and I'm slated as
that libral yanquee. Oh well. When we had our pool built, it was Mexican men
who broke their backs. I made sure they always had something ice cold to drink
and gave them all a nice sized tip at the end. They were shocked. I 'pose us
yanqueez tip too much.

And as such, you were aiding and abetting illegal activities.

Just wtf is INS doing these days???

--
Regards,

JT (Residing in Austin, Texas)

Just Tooling Down The Internet Superhighway With my G4.......
Old 24-05-2003, 03:08 PM
WIF

They are not all illegals, some are US citizens that have not had the luck
of having the intelligence to take advantage of all the great economic
opportunities that exist in our country. At least they are trying to labor
for a day's pay and not out stealing in our neighborhoods. At least IMHO
they are trying to get a piece of the american pie however small it may be,
not like others that just panhandle in corners with a sign.
Guillermo
"JETman" wrote in message

Bill wrote:

"Spike" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
Yeah and you will be paying illegals as well. A federal offense I
believe even though our own police department is aiding and abetting
them as well...

JT

Don't know which is worse them or the Yankees coming here!
Spike

Yes. Pretty soon the yankees will want to unionize them, and raise our
taxes for their pension plans and more! For illegals!

I can assure you that THIS yankee might think of unionizing, but
certainly not for illegal immigrants.

What really ****es me off is that the TeeVee stations in all of their
political correctness don't even call them ILLEGAL. And the cops have a
policy of NOT questioning legal status of these workers... A revoltin'
situation if in my not so humble opinion...