Old 06-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Greg C

Default Where to find day laborers in Austin?

The 'truth' is that illegal immigrants should not be denigrated...and they
are an integral part of our economy. We all benefit from lower housing
costs (and not just from 'scummy' contractors; my family was in the
construction industry in Texas for decades and you delude yourself) and food
costs. Various studies seek to offset the financial effect of these
'subsidies' with higher taxes for social programs, yet they are inconclusive
(since results vary). Regardless, when you buy a home or produce, you are
benefitting from this 'subsidy' (or did you make certain no illegal labor
was used on your home... )

Oh, BTW, I'm no liberal, so you'll have to create an original comeback.

Greg C

"JETman" wrote in message

Ho hum.

Again the typical liberal antidote... Do Nothing!

Well honey, if you can't remove your blinders and seed the truth, may
you just enjoy basking in your ignorance. Or is it stupidity, another
commodity so familiar with liberals?

Every one of your propositions have been debunked more times than I care
to remember so " acceptance" of illegal activity is ok, eh?

--
Regards,

JT (Residing in Austin, Texas)

Just Tooling Down The Internet Superhighway With my G4.......

Old 06-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Mapanari

JETman babbled and bored us in
:

Carol Adams wrote:

I've held off on commenting on this thread because I've felt that my
sentiments would be unpopular. But, I must say that I find Mapanari's
references to "Meskins" and all of the commentary below (except Nell's)
offensive with respect to how these remarks denigrate Mexicans. If
similar comments were made denigrating women, African Americans,
Asians, Russians, Canadians, Presbyterians, etc., our society as a
whole (individual and special-interest-group exceptions excluded) would
find them quite unacceptable.

Flame me if you want to. I just felt that I had to protest the way some
of the participants in this list characterize people. Like it or not,
illegal Mexican workers in the US are a fact of life. And they are no
less human (perfect/imperfect) than you and I are. They just happen to
have a much less fortunate living situation than we do.

I also think that it's very convenient for us as individuals and for
the US economy in general that these workers are willing to do work
that most of us don't want to do, and to do it for a rate of pay that
we would not even consider. For example, would you want to work in a
slaughterhouse? for minimum wage? not reporting the accidental
amputation of your right arm because you had no medical coverage and
were afraid of being deported?

In a related note, interestingly, very few of us don't eat meat.

My $0.02... thanks for listening.

carol

Ho hum.

Again the typical liberal antidote... Do Nothing!

Well honey, if you can't remove your blinders and seed the truth, may
you just enjoy basking in your ignorance. Or is it stupidity, another
commodity so familiar with liberals?

Every one of your propositions have been debunked more times than I care
to remember so " acceptance" of illegal activity is ok, eh?

"Meskins" is not a perjorative word except in the eyes of the easily offended
and the wannabe overly sensitives.
It's a made up word and if I called them "Water Buffaloes" he'd be screaming,
moaning and whining about how I'm disparaging all wonderful meskins because
it's a vieled racial slur regarding being "wetbacks".....see, wet+ backs =
water + buffalo = horrible racism!

Actually, I think meskins are really Beefaloes~! Good to eat and less fat!
No, actually we should call them White Nigers! Yah, that's the ticket!
Everyone immediately starts calling the NAACP to complain about my racism
but I simply mean white people who live in Niger...and for those highly
stupid and uneducated liberals, there really is such a country. I wouldn't
ever be accusing of being niggardly with my prose, wood I?

I call them meskins because to call those hordes of rats streaming over our
border in as mass economic refugee herd of "Mexicans" is to do diservice to
all loyal Mexicans who live and work and stay in Mexico, trying to make it a
better country rather than packing up and sneaking illegally over the border
to such our welfare system dry and live off of earnings and social security
that they hardly pay into.
Real Mexicans I respect....these low life criminal diseased quick-buck
artists and drug dealers I call "meskins" because they don't deserve my
respect nor the priveledge of being called by their proper name.

Just as they call us all gringos and yankis, I call these rats meskins.

But hey! According to liberals, meskins, the most racist of all immigrants
against blacks, it's ok for them to call us funny names and make fun of the
white men and their masters while they beg for more welfare and subsidized
housing, but not for us to make funny names of them.
The old double standard, racist in itself and pedantic to the extreme.

mapi

--
It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both
incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by

Old 06-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Mapanari

"Greg C" babbled and bored us in
:

The 'truth' is that illegal immigrants should not be denigrated...and
they are an integral part of our economy. We all benefit from lower
housing costs (and not just from 'scummy' contractors; my family was in
the construction industry in Texas for decades and you delude yourself)
and food costs. Various studies seek to offset the financial effect of
these 'subsidies' with higher taxes for social programs, yet they are
inconclusive (since results vary). Regardless, when you buy a home or
produce, you are benefitting from this 'subsidy' (or did you make
certain no illegal labor was used on your home... )

Oh, BTW, I'm no liberal, so you'll have to create an original comeback.

Greg C

No matter what lies you read in liberal newspaper, a lie told over and over
again is still a lie.

I'm not blaming you for believing in the myth that illegal immigrants are
valued members of society and put in more than they take, but it's the Big
Lie.

Illegal meskins are draining our school taxes, our prisons, our welfare
system, food stamps and in a few years the baby boom generation who paid huge
taxes to finance the social security safety net for old people are going to
to get fewer benefits and little money because illegal aliens don't pay into
the system nearly enough for all they take out.

Every illegal alien is a horrible drain on taxes, services, schools, social
security, infrastructure and more.

They fill our prisons and in crime alone they cost us a trillion dollars a
year.

They also breed like rats; their birth rate is overwhelming black inner city
birth rates which was rising for years but has leveled off due to the reforms
to the welfare rules. But meskins are breeding at 3-1 rates of whites and 2-
1 rates of blacks and 4-1 rates of asians.

Sure they build houses cheaply; you save $1,000 on the house. But that
savings put 5 black youths who otherwise would be working for a respectable
low wage but livable out on the streets dealing drugs and making babies.

That $1,000 "you" greedy homeowners save ends up costing you another $2,000 a
year in property taxes.

Take a look at the property taxes on your house in the last 10 years...it's
the same goddamned house, yet you used to pay $700 a year 10 years ago and
now you pay $4,500 a year now.
Why do you think you need to pay an extra few thousand dollars a year?
Because Austin is building great freeways? Becuase we need to finanace a
beautiful riverwalk like San Antonio? Becuase the black plague hit us and we
need to bury 2 million people in open graves and only people paid $40,000 an
hour are willing to do the job?
Nope.
For that measly $1,000 you saved on the house you're now paying for more
welfare, free clinics and hospital care, child care, new schools, more
teachers, more prisons, bigger jails, more policemen and much more.

Guess what?

If you shipped all 200,000 illegal aliens out of Austin and sent them home or
to Houston, which also loves "cheap" labor, your property taxes would go down
from $4,500 a year to $2,000 a year.

What price now, brown cow?

Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 PM
JETman

animaux wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 11:02:50 GMT, JETman wrote:

Ho hum.

Again the typical liberal antidote... Do Nothing!

Oh give that banal blather a break. I think you listen to far too much Rush
Limbaugh to actually know what it is to have compassion. Gluttony is not a good
thing.

Really?? I haven't listened to Rush in years but unlike most of the
sheeple heeyah 'bouts, I tend to be aware of my surroundings. Now what
is your excuse?

Well honey, if you can't remove your blinders and seed the truth, may
you just enjoy basking in your ignorance. Or is it stupidity, another
commodity so familiar with liberals?

Again with the liberal comment. Are you a puppet man? Are you THE puppet for
the conservative party? Are you a monkey turning the organ crank? Do you hate
so much that you will stave another human being? Oops, more "liberal" antidote.

Every one of your propositions have been debunked more times than I care
to remember so " acceptance" of illegal activity is ok, eh?

Um, it seems to be that way when it comes to our vice president who fudged his
address to make it look like he's from Montana. Want to explain how he was a
top executive at Brown and Root, but lived in Montana? Oh yeah, then there's
the government contracts his buddies all have now to rebuild Iraq. We are
building hospitals for the Iraqi people. How bouts built some justice in this
country.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Typical political right. Oh,
wassa matter, don't like being called typical? You say there's no such thing?
Hmmm.

Yep, typical left wing whining 'n moaning. Still upset over 2000, still
in the stupor of ignorance regarding many politicos that change their
domicile for political purposes routinely, and in fact your malady
cannot be called ignorance because that can be helped. Stupidity cannot...

Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 PM
JETman

Now that tops the stupidity of the thread so far... For your
information, bozo, housing costs are NOT any lower. The
developers/constructors are simply pocketing the extra profits.

How dumb can you get? Don't answer that... You just established the benchmark.

JT

Old 14-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Jim Wild

The price is way too steep. Minorities make too many babies and we all
pay dearly for it. Our founding fathers could not foresee this tradgity
in the making.

Right to bare arms? Great! Now all the crack heads have guns. Just
great!