Old 17-09-2003, 10:19 PM
Gae Xavier

Default A Fungus Among Us

So here are the highlights of my September garden:

http://gxs.home.texas.net/09_03Garden/GAE'S_FAVORITES_09_03.html

Best to All! Gae

Old 18-09-2003, 11:18 PM
B.Server

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:06:13 -0500, Gae Xavier wrote:

So here are the highlights of my September garden:

http://gxs.home.texas.net/09_03Garden/GAE'S_FAVORITES_09_03.html

Best to All! Gae

Mine if I ask where you obtained your "curry plant"? I would like to
find one in Austin or Houston.

Thanks.

Old 19-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Gae Xavier

I saw one lonely one the other day at Taj Grocers up on North Lamar at
about 8500 block shopping center on the east side. I have never seen
them in the plant stores.

http://kurma.net/essays/e8.html

I purchased mine mail order.

Try:

http://www.bhatia-nurseries.com/

In New Yawk, City! Best -- Gae

Old 19-09-2003, 04:24 PM
Gae Xavier

I forgot to mention with the shopping info that they do not like full
sun in Austin. The curry leaf trees need to be in partial shade. I have
mine on the east side of the house under trees and it is protected from
the western sun. You will need to bring it in during chilly weather and
treat it like a Ficus tree.

Old 19-09-2003, 10:47 PM
B.Server

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:23:06 -0500, Gae Xavier wrote:

I forgot to mention with the shopping info that they do not like full
sun in Austin. The curry leaf trees need to be in partial shade. I have
mine on the east side of the house under trees and it is protected from
the western sun. You will need to bring it in during chilly weather and
treat it like a Ficus tree.

Thanks for the pointer. I will check them out.

I've grown one before, keeping it in a shaded portion of my
greenhouse. It, along with a lot of other things that I could not
replace, died due a watering system failure while I was on a summer
trip.

Thanks again,

Old 20-09-2003, 10:03 PM
G a e X a v i e r

Here is another source for the Curry Leaf tree as well as the Moringa
Oleifera:

http://www.pctgardens.com/fruit.html

Old 28-09-2003, 02:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

"A Fungus Among Us". About a week after you posted this, I found this
quote on page 75 of Sally Roth's "Attracting Butterflies & Hummingbirds
to Your Backyard". Morning Cloaks emerge at inopportune times and fungi
are their food source. Hackberry butterflies also like fungi (Hackberry
trees host 5 different types of butterflies).

Regards,

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

Gae Xavier wrote:
=

So here are the highlights of my September garden:
=

http://gxs.home.texas.net/09_03Garden/GAE'S_FAVORITES_09_03.html
=

Best to All! Gae

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 28-09-2003, 02:15 AM
J Kolenovsky

Gae Xavier wrote:
=

So here are the highlights of my September garden:
=

http://gxs.home.texas.net/09_03Garden/GAE'S_FAVORITES_09_03.html
=

Best to All! Gae

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

There's a fungus among us Gene Schurg Orchids 7 14-10-2007 02:47 AM
just now, it receives a twig too durable among her think canyon British Nut United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 12:40 PM
Last year, fungus fungus everywhere Natalka Rosalia Maria Roshak Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2005 06:26 PM
A Fungus Among Us Gae Xavier Texas 0 17-09-2003 10:13 PM
fungus among us P.J. Bloodworth Orchids 2 23-08-2003 05:12 AM