Old 24-09-2003, 03:20 AM
endeitz

Default What to do with limestone

Question:

I spent the first year of having a home digging (chipping, picking,
cursing, prying) out a small 10' x 20' area in my back yard in which to
plant a veggie garden. I have spent the next three years gazing at the
huge pile of dirty grey limestone rocks (from 5lbs to 250lbs) sitting in a
corner. If I had to do it over again, being older and marginally wiser, I
would simply buy dirt and build raised beds (and I may still). Anyone have
any idea what to do with all of those rocks? I could haul them to the
landfill, I guess. I'm in NW Austin. Anyone know where the nearest
landfill is (with weekend hours)? Would anyone want this stone? They
aren't very pretty to my eye.

Cheers,

Ed.
Old 24-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Gary Brady

Anyone have any idea what to do with all of those rocks? I could haul them to
the
landfill, I guess. I'm in NW Austin. Anyone know where the nearest
landfill is (with weekend hours)? Would anyone want this stone? They aren't

very pretty to my eye.

I'd advertise the rocks in the austin.forsale as "Fill Rocks-FREE-Will Help
Load".

Gary Brady
Austin, TX
Old 25-09-2003, 03:25 AM
B.Server

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:13:53 GMT, endeitz
wrote:

Question:

I spent the first year of having a home digging (chipping, picking,
cursing, prying) out a small 10' x 20' area in my back yard in which to
plant a veggie garden. I have spent the next three years gazing at the
huge pile of dirty grey limestone rocks (from 5lbs to 250lbs) sitting in a
corner. If I had to do it over again, being older and marginally wiser, I
would simply buy dirt and build raised beds (and I may still). Anyone have
any idea what to do with all of those rocks? I could haul them to the
landfill, I guess. I'm in NW Austin. Anyone know where the nearest
landfill is (with weekend hours)? Would anyone want this stone? They
aren't very pretty to my eye.

Cheers,

Ed.

How about using them to build those raised beds? If it makes you feel
any better, price delivered limestone building materials.

--cheers