Old 06-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Fred G

Default Who can tell me what it is?

On 1/6/04 1:52 PM, in article , "Elizabeth
of the Tudor Tarts" wrote:

"animaux" wrote in message

Many people do not use HTML on Usenet. However, you are not having any

shortage
of being angry or nasty, I can see. So, never mind. Good luck

indentifying
your plant.

My apologies. I don't like to come across that way. It simply irritates me
when other people try to teach me how to use usenet groups.

Besides, it was MY FREAKING PLANT I wanted to have identified! Sheesh!

Old 06-01-2004, 09:25 PM

--

LMAO

Old 06-01-2004, 10:56 PM
cat daddy

"Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts" wrote in
message ...
"animaux" wrote in message

Many people do not use HTML on Usenet. However, you are not having any

shortage
of being angry or nasty, I can see. So, never mind. Good luck

indentifying
your plant.

My apologies. I don't like to come across that way. It simply irritates

me
when other people try to teach me how to use usenet groups.

Then, you're going to have to be irritated. Sorry. Usenet is a plain text
medium. It always has been. No HTML, except in some stationery groups. It
used to be a bigger deal and against most user agreements, although it's not
listed in Supernews' agreement. Maybe you should write
and ask them about their policy.
Here's an oldie but a goodie on 'Netiquette for long time users.... }:-)

The Absolute Beginner's Guide to Usenet
http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/guide.html
"Do not post messages formatted in HTML"

Old 06-01-2004, 11:34 PM
animaux

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 13:52:28 -0600, "Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts"
opined:

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .

Many people do not use HTML on Usenet. However, you are not having any

shortage
of being angry or nasty, I can see. So, never mind. Good luck

indentifying
your plant.

My apologies. I don't like to come across that way. It simply irritates me
when other people try to teach me how to use usenet groups.

I made an attempt at letting you in on something. Most people do not open HTML
messages. As you can see, nobody answered your question. I wasn't trying to
teach you anything, but to help. Apology accepted.

The people over on the garden binary group will know what your plant is, if you
post a photo of it. They're an excellent resource for that.

Victoria
Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 AM
Victor Martinez

Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts wrote:
it. Otherwise, just don't read the posts. I've been posting to newsgroups
for ten years. If you don't like it, don't read it. As a friend once
quoted, "Manage your own damn usenet".

You've been posting for 10 years and still haven't learned proper
etiquette? Usenet is a text-only medium for the most part.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 07-01-2004, 06:34 AM
Chad Neff

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 13:37:16 GMT, Fred G
wrote:

Iıll even send a pic if you email me directly... Looks somehow to be related
to ³Wandering Jew² that I see planted in the ground. Brilliant green,
growing method like purple or green Wandering Jew with leaves developing
from a tubular stalk about as big around as a human finger. Slight
difference in leaves is that there is no ³fuzz,² but just glossy leaves that
curl back beautifully. Stalks put out shoots about as big around as a straw
which I cut off and root.

I have plenty of cuttings if anyone wants them. I grow this stuff in a
hanging basket and itıs quite hardy, yet Iıve never seen it flower. Seems as
though someone once referred to it as ³Dutchmanıs Pipe,² but Google tells me
this is not what it has referred to as such.

don't know what it is, but having lived here abouts off and on for 40
years or so I can tell you, you can expect some varieties of it to
send out a much thinner relatively branching flower stalkstlks with
the small white flowers at the ends. ' don't remember what time of
year that seems to happen, but with the weather lately, I sometimes
have trouble remembering what time of year it is right now.

ever get my digital camera back Ill post a little picture of one
somewhare on the net. soon as the stuff I didn't move into oblivion
last summer blooms again.

Got a field book somewhere. If no one else gets back to you on this,
Email me a reminder and I'll go look it up. (I'm oretty surre it has
been around long enough to be considered a native.)
_c

Old 07-01-2004, 05:04 PM
dt

wrote:

Iıll even send a pic if you email me directly... Looks somehow to be related
to ³Wandering Jew² that I see planted in the ground. Brilliant green,
growing method like purple or green Wandering Jew with leaves developing

from a tubular stalk about as big around as a human finger. Slight

difference in leaves is that there is no ³fuzz,² but just glossy leaves that
curl back beautifully. Stalks put out shoots about as big around as a straw
which I cut off and root.

I have plenty of cuttings if anyone wants them. I grow this stuff in a
hanging basket and itıs quite hardy, yet Iıve never seen it flower. Seems as
though someone once referred to it as ³Dutchmanıs Pipe,² but Google tells me
this is not what it has referred to as such.

Fred, look for something called dayflower or commelina.

http://tinyurl.com/2ltxs

DT

Old 07-01-2004, 08:53 PM

"dt" wrote in message

Fred, look for something called dayflower or commelina.

http://tinyurl.com/2ltxs

DT

That's definitely the one I have...don't know about Fred.

How do you get rid of the blasted things?