Old 04-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Fred G

Default Who can tell me what it is?

Iıll even send a pic if you email me directly... Looks somehow to be related
to ³Wandering Jew² that I see planted in the ground. Brilliant green,
growing method like purple or green Wandering Jew with leaves developing
from a tubular stalk about as big around as a human finger. Slight
difference in leaves is that there is no ³fuzz,² but just glossy leaves that
curl back beautifully. Stalks put out shoots about as big around as a straw
which I cut off and root.

I have plenty of cuttings if anyone wants them. I grow this stuff in a
hanging basket and itıs quite hardy, yet Iıve never seen it flower. Seems as
though someone once referred to it as ³Dutchmanıs Pipe,² but Google tells me
this is not what it has referred to as such.

Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Elizabeth

Who can tell me what it is?I'd love to know what it is and how to get RID of it! It has taken over my herb garden and several other areas of my yard. It's a pretty plant, but highly invasive.
"Fred G" wrote in message ...
I'll even send a pic if you email me directly... Looks somehow to be related to "Wandering Jew" that I see planted in the ground. Brilliant green, growing method like purple or green Wandering Jew with leaves developing from a tubular stalk about as big around as a human finger. Slight difference in leaves is that there is no "fuzz," but just glossy leaves that curl back beautifully. Stalks put out shoots about as big around as a straw which I cut off and root.

I have plenty of cuttings if anyone wants them. I grow this stuff in a hanging basket and it's quite hardy, yet I've never seen it flower. Seems as though someone once referred to it as "Dutchman's Pipe," but Google tells me this is not what it has referred to as such.

Old 05-01-2004, 01:43 PM
animaux

It would be really great if the HTML were turned off in the newsgroups.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Katra

In article ,
animaux wrote:

It would be really great if the HTML were turned off in the newsgroups.

Use a different News Reader. :-)
Mine does not support HTML so it shows up as text.

MT Newswatcher. I think you can download it.

K.

--
,,Cat's Haven Hobby ,,

Old 06-01-2004, 01:02 PM
Fred G

I've never seen THIS stuff planted in the ground. Looks similar to wandering
Jew, the variety that comes in both purple and green. But this stuff has
leaves that are glossy, wide and curl backward. Have seen this mostly in
hanging baskets. The long stalks curve and twist beautifully.

Ok...for "animaux" - no HTML

Old 06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
animaux

It's not just for me. HTML is not used on Usenet. I didn't see your
description so have no idea what you have. A photo posted to the gardening
binary group would get you an identification a lot faster.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:39:55 -0600, "Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts"
opined:

Ok...for "animaux" - no HTML

I'd love to know what it is and how to get RID of it! It has taken over my
herb garden and several other areas of my yard. It's a pretty plant, but
highly invasive.

Better?

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
It would be really great if the HTML were turned off in the newsgroups.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:02 PM
Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts

First of all, I didn't post a picture. You just assumed. Secondly, many
people use HTML on usenet. You just need to use a reader that recognizes
it. Otherwise, just don't read the posts. I've been posting to newsgroups
for ten years. If you don't like it, don't read it. As a friend once
quoted, "Manage your own damn usenet".

"animaux" wrote in message
It's not just for me. HTML is not used on Usenet. I didn't see your
description so have no idea what you have. A photo posted to the

gardening
binary group would get you an identification a lot faster.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:39:55 -0600, "Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts"
opined:

Ok...for "animaux" - no HTML

I'd love to know what it is and how to get RID of it! It has taken over

my
herb garden and several other areas of my yard. It's a pretty plant, but
highly invasive.

Better?

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
It would be really great if the HTML were turned off in the newsgroups.

Old 06-01-2004, 07:15 PM
animaux

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:52:39 -0600, "Elizabeth of the Tudor Tarts"
opined:

First of all, I didn't post a picture. You just assumed.

I didn't say you posted a picture. I said a photo posted to the garden binary
newsgroup would get you an identification a lot faster. I didn't assume
anything. I made a suggestion.

Secondly, many
people use HTML on usenet. You just need to use a reader that recognizes
it. Otherwise, just don't read the posts. I've been posting to newsgroups
for ten years. If you don't like it, don't read it. As a friend once
quoted, "Manage your own damn usenet".

Many people do not use HTML on Usenet. However, you are not having any shortage
of being angry or nasty, I can see. So, never mind. Good luck indentifying
your plant.

Old 06-01-2004, 08:31 PM

"animaux" wrote in message

Many people do not use HTML on Usenet. However, you are not having any

shortage
of being angry or nasty, I can see. So, never mind. Good luck

indentifying
your plant.

My apologies. I don't like to come across that way. It simply irritates me
when other people try to teach me how to use usenet groups.