Old 31-03-2004, 12:59 PM
JWL

Default Poison Ivy

Have some huge poison Ivy plants at the back of my lot, actually have turned
into trees. I am highly reactive to them and if I tried to pull them out
would end up in the hospital. Anyone know of any service in the Austin area
that removes ivy? - Thanks - John

Old 02-04-2004, 03:40 PM
David

"JWL" wrote in message
Have some huge poison Ivy plants at the back of my lot, actually have

turned
into trees. I am highly reactive to them and if I tried to pull them out
would end up in the hospital. Anyone know of any service in the Austin

area
that removes ivy? - Thanks - John

I don't have an answer to your primary question, but just as an FYI next
time you get into PI try Zanfel to clear it up.

It's a bonding / scrubbing agent to clear the urushiol oil from your skin
and works very well. At $20 per 1 ounce tube it's expensive, but when
you're in itchy hell it's well worth the money.

I've used it several times with great success. In one case I had missed
three days of work, had Zanfel overnighted to me (because it wasn't
available in Austin), and after using was literally instantly cured. The
other times it suppressed the rash so much that it didn't really bother me.

BTW, I'm not a shill for the company in any other respect than the fact that
I think their product kicks butt. You can buy it at People's Pharmacy for
sure and Randall's / Wallgreens / Eckerds if you're lucky.

-D

Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
John T. Jarrett

Hmmm, something that actually works? I'll try to remember that!

Working on a field crew, I learned the uses of them 33 cent bottles of
alcohol. Keep a few bottles in the truck and any time you think you
'might' have got in some PI, wash off the areas of your skin that are
visible - but careful round the eyes. In the spring, we'd just wash
off with it every time. And with all the blackberry bushes around
Houston, it would sting...but sure beat getting poison ivy every
single trip out.

Then a good bath with decent soap to get the oil off once you get
home.

One time I was in someone else's truck and didn't, I had to have a
girl come by and put makeup over the big red X on my face the next
day - college graduation day!

But don't tell anyone I told you that...I'll deny it forever!

John T. Jarrett
now in Houston, again.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:30 PM
GeneS

"JWL" wrote in message
Have some huge poison Ivy plants at the back of my lot, actually have

turned
into trees. I am highly reactive to them and if I tried to pull them out
would end up in the hospital. Anyone know of any service in the Austin

area
that removes ivy? - Thanks - John

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It -systemic killers rtih Lawns 0 17-05-2003 08:32 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Lawns 20 17-05-2003 03:20 PM
Poison Ivy -- Getting Rid of It Chip G. Gardening 21 17-05-2003 03:20 PM