Old 14-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Garry Denke

Default Bermuda seed or sod?

"GeneS" wrote in message ...
We have a spot on a very high & rocky hill. There is a
plateau of about 5000SqFt. that we plan to place about 4"
of top soil & level. We will install an automatic sprinkler
system, so water is not a factor. It will get a lot of sunshine.
We want the 5000' area to end up a well manicured lawn.
There is a rock ledge about 16" under the existing rocky top soil.

QUESTIONS:
1. Which grass would be best? We are looking at St. Augustine
sod, or a heavy planting of Bermuda seed.

St. Augustine

2. If we go with Bermuda, is there a place in the Austin area that sells
Bermuda "sod".

Landscapes USA
(512) 345-7732
515 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701

Shades of Green
(512) 469-5565
100 Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78701

Troubadour Landscape
(512) 322-9640
3105 French Pl
Austin, TX 78722

Grannies' Country Gardens
(512) 444-7030
1400 Foxtail CV
Austin, TX 78704

Barger Brenda Landscape Design
(512) 970-6533
712 Wayside Dr
Austin, TX 78703

The Earth Co
(512) 386-9453
638 Tillery St
Austin, TX 78702

Growing Designs Inc
(512) 443-7522
1906 Airole Way
Austin, TX 78704

The Great Outdoors Landscaping
(512) 448-2992
2712 S Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78704

Ted's Trees Ltd
(512) 928-8733
1118 Tillery St
Austin, TX 78702

Texas Trees & Landscapes
(512) 385-7007
755 Springdale Rd
Austin, TX 78702

THANKS :-)

Gene

Old 14-04-2004, 09:04 PM
GeneS

THANKS!
Gene

"Garry Denke" wrote in message
m...
"GeneS" wrote in message

[...]

Bermuda irradiation before St. Augustine sod Pookee Gardening 2 12-05-2004 03:03 PM
Bermuda seed or sod? GeneS Texas 0 02-04-2004 03:40 PM
Centipede seeded over Bermuda? Tom M Gardening 2 25-03-2003 04:56 PM
Eliminating Bermuda Grass Chris Haney North Carolina 2 17-02-2003 07:56 PM
New bermuda lawn in winter Hotelfox Lawns 0 11-01-2003 01:54 PM