Old 09-07-2004, 10:02 PM
B.Server

Default Small engine repairs, recommendations sought

Most of the time I can keep the various small engines and motors on my
equipment running. I have a problem with a tiller motor that I just
cannot seem to solve.

If you have a favorite small engine repair service, I would appreciate
a recommendation. I used Pat's for years, but they are gone now.
Austin preferred, but anywhere from Round Rock to Kyle is OK.

Thanks

Old 10-07-2004, 05:03 AM
B.Server

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:02:31 GMT, "WSZsr" wrote:

Jack's Small Engine Repair in Round Rock. Tel: 658-5190 or 246-7945.

"B.Server" wrote in message
.. .

[...]
If you have a favorite small engine repair service, I would appreciate
a recommendation. I used Pat's for years, but they are gone now.
Austin preferred, but anywhere from Round Rock to Kyle is OK.

Thanks

Thanks, I give them a call and try to figure out where they are.
(didn't see them in the yellow pages)

Old 12-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Louis

I too have a problem with my tiller. It is a 5 hp poulon with rerverse. It
is only 3 years old. I left the gas in it over a year when I had cancer
surgery. I took everything apart cleaned out the carb but can only get the
thing to run with it is in full choke. It runs but no power. Any
suggestions would be helpful. Should I get a carb rebuilt kit ?

Old 12-07-2004, 03:02 AM
escapee

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 20:04:21 GMT, B.Server opined:

Most of the time I can keep the various small engines and motors on my
equipment running. I have a problem with a tiller motor that I just
cannot seem to solve.

If you have a favorite small engine repair service, I would appreciate
a recommendation. I used Pat's for years, but they are gone now.
Austin preferred, but anywhere from Round Rock to Kyle is OK.

Thanks

There's a place up in Georgetown which we've used several times and they are
wonderful, honest and fairly priced. I don't recall the name of the place, but
if you look up small engine repair shops in Georgetown you will find them. They
are in a residential neighborhood...maybe on 8th street? I'll see if I can dig
out my records. They tune up our chainsaw and other tools.

Victoria

Old 13-07-2004, 12:02 AM
John T. Jarrett

Hmmm, well, I got a carb rebuild kit for my craftsman chainsaw plus a
foot of new fuel line.

Now it definately gets gas in the cylinders (ie, it runs without
spraying carb cleaner in the air filter) but gas just leaks
everywhere. Surely after a few years the gas line and the rubbers in
the carb degrade, but I'm not sure I'd recommend doing a rebuild
yourself. Altho if you do and it works, it should cost less than ten
bucks.

Good luck!
John