Old 28-08-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Overrun with Geckos

Normally I welome all manners of lizards and geckos. Too much of a
good thing is too much. Geckos have completely overrun the attic of
my storage building. Everything, boxes, bags, floors, are covered
solidly in gecko crap. I thought it was mice at first, but finally
discovered it was geckos when I never trapped any mice. Those geckos
have been living for several years up there. I've vacuumed it up a few
times, but they quickly cover everything in dung in no time. I can't
fathom how many there must be to produce this much dung.

How do I get rid of this abundance of geckos? There are plenty of
other places for them to live around here. I'm just tired of coming
down from the attic with dried gecko droppings on my knees and hands.

If anyone needs some geckos and can trap em', come on over.
Old 29-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Suzie-Q

In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

- I grew so tired of the ones around my place that I began treating them
- with "extreme prejudice" and now I have only a few. Overall, I found
- these non-native lizards to be complete nusances with no beneficial
- characteristics.

Well, they *do* eat bugs.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998

Old 29-08-2004, 01:48 AM
Rusty Mase

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:26:25 GMT, Suzie-Q
wrote:

Well, they *do* eat bugs.

You then need to determine whether the bugs they are eating are worse
to have around than the geckos. I choose the bugs. The only bugs the
geckos got were either simple moths fluttering around my exterior
lights or spiders that usually use those spaces to feed.

I decided that the geckos were not only a nuisance in the mess they
leave but were disturbing the natural assemblage of bugs around my
place. If you live in town you probably do not have the level of
outdoor bugs to support a huge population of geckos and their messes.

I wager that the original poster lives out in the "burbs" where the
level of night flying insects is high. In town they may not be a
problem.

Rusty Mase

Old 29-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Katra

As long as my attic is full of geckos, I rarely get roaches, silverfish,
or any other pest bugs in my house... ;-)

They can crap all over my attic, I don't care.
I don't use it for storage any more so rarely ever go up there!

K.

In article ,
"John T. Jarrett" wrote:

Especially roaches! Big ones, little ones...oh how I hate roaches :)

John

"Suzie-Q" wrote in message
In article ,
Rusty Mase wrote:

- I grew so tired of the ones around my place that I began treating

them
- with "extreme prejudice" and now I have only a few. Overall, I

found
- these non-native lizards to be complete nusances with no

beneficial
- characteristics.

Well, they *do* eat bugs.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://home.earthlink.net/~sme617

***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Old 01-04-2005, 02:55 AM
Registered User

Wink

you could try to scatter salt around.... gradually you will fine lesser gecko around. Gecko seem to be afraid of salt. You could try it.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:57 AM
Registered User

Wink

try scattering salt around....it will works.... the gecko don't seem to like salt a lot...... it actually kill them.

Lawn overrun with weeds Mequa Lawns 0 06-05-2012 07:32 PM
Overrun Anonymous Gardening 2 05-04-2006 03:06 AM
British ladybugs are being overrun madgardener United Kingdom 4 02-01-2006 11:02 AM
Being overrun by chipmunks.... freddotr Lawns 14 19-06-2004 11:02 PM
Anoles/Geckos in the Greenhouse - Follow Up Gene Schurg Orchids 5 15-02-2003 07:03 AM