Old 20-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Therasa

Default cedar elm

I have lots of orange and dead brown leaves on my cedar elm. Any idea the
cause?
Also, when is best to prune this tree?

Old 20-09-2004, 04:01 PM
escapee

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:48:14 GMT, "Therasa" opined:

I have lots of orange and dead brown leaves on my cedar elm. Any idea the
cause?
Also, when is best to prune this tree?

I do also. I think it's normal for this time of year. I prune mine when it is
dormant. Mine are saplings...or yearlings, as it were.

Old 20-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Dewitt

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:01:40 GMT, escapee
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 13:48:14 GMT, "Therasa" opined:

I have lots of orange and dead brown leaves on my cedar elm. Any idea the
cause?
Also, when is best to prune this tree?

I do also. I think it's normal for this time of year. I prune mine when it is
dormant. Mine are saplings...or yearlings, as it were.

It's normal. Some years (like this one) the leaves on mine start
yellowing in the last half of August. Pruning when it's dormant is
probably best, but light pruning can be done at any time.

deg
Old 21-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Tex John

Yeppers - that Austin multiple growing season thing...Spring and Fall. With
such a mild summer, tho, it took longer for the trees to let the Spring
leaves start dying off.

John

Old 23-09-2004, 11:57 PM
MrChaos007

Therasa wrote:
I have lots of orange and dead brown leaves on my cedar elm. Any idea the
cause?
Also, when is best to prune this tree?

Probably just the hot and dry we had this September. As long as the wood
still is flexible and alive, I suspect they will be fine.

Dave
wwww.gardensoftheancients.com

likely culprit for never a Rock Elm seed anymore is Dutch Elm Disease Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Plant Science 1 05-09-2009 11:19 AM
Rock-Elm and Siberian-Elm; slow growth = stronger wood? a_plutonium Plant Science 2 04-05-2007 08:24 AM
Ulmus thomasii, cork elm or rock elm [email protected] Plant Science 3 25-10-2005 08:09 PM
Cedar Elm sick? torresd Texas 7 20-10-2003 01:32 PM
Cedar Elm leaves dry and orange Fite4peace Texas 0 14-09-2003 05:04 AM