Old 14-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Bob

Default Banana Tree

When is the best time to separate banana tree off-shoots from the mother
plant? In the winter when they're dormant or at other times of year?
Thanks.

Old 14-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Chris

I've had great luck doing it pretty much whenever. I've come to think of
banana trees as very easy to care for. I chop off their leaves when ever,
pull up their shoots where I don't want them, dig up big trees and give them
to friends. I know that they'll be back. Even when they all freeze to the
ground they shoot back up and are over 12-15' tall by the fall again with
children galore. I just pulled up more than 15, some more than 10' tall, a
gave them away to my friends.
Just go for it. They are incredibly resilient, as far as I've seen.
Chris

news:1097778559.JuGIa0ZGl1PSEe6zOkxxHQ@bubbanews.. .

Old 15-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Katra

In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

I've had great luck doing it pretty much whenever. I've come to think of
banana trees as very easy to care for. I chop off their leaves when ever,
pull up their shoots where I don't want them, dig up big trees and give them
to friends. I know that they'll be back. Even when they all freeze to the
ground they shoot back up and are over 12-15' tall by the fall again with
children galore. I just pulled up more than 15, some more than 10' tall, a
gave them away to my friends.
Just go for it. They are incredibly resilient, as far as I've seen.
Chris

Wanna sell me some??? ;-)
Am also in the market for some bamboo root systems.

Please? beg

I have cactus to trade... especially Epiphilum (white orchid cactus!!!)

Kat
--
Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain

Banana Tree Question Stan Gardening 4 06-11-2003 01:12 AM
banana tree babies Cynthia Hines North Carolina 2 03-08-2003 04:42 PM
Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why? BOB Edible Gardening 2 27-04-2003 11:08 PM
Banana tree leaves turn brown! Why? TOM KAN PA Gardening 2 27-04-2003 09:44 PM
Help Banana Tree Michael Light Texas 5 18-04-2003 06:08 PM