Old 25-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Gae Xavier

Default My Garden Caught Just Before Winter

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden1.html

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden2.html

Now is the time I run around pulling in the non-hardy orchids and
getting ready to do the midnight 100 tropicals pulled in for the freeze.

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae
Old 06-01-2005, 04:38 AM
dc

Gae Xavier wrote:
http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden1.html

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden2.html

Now is the time I run around pulling in the non-hardy orchids and
getting ready to do the midnight 100 tropicals pulled in for the freeze.

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on
Old 06-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Gae Xavier

dc wrote:
Gae Xavier wrote:

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden1.html

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden2.html

Now is the time I run around pulling in the non-hardy orchids and
getting ready to do the midnight 100 tropicals pulled in for the freeze.

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on

Thanks, DC! I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever post a comment.
Old 06-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Chris

"Gae Xavier" wrote in message
news
dc wrote:
Gae Xavier wrote:

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden1.html

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden2.html

Now is the time I run around pulling in the non-hardy orchids and
getting ready to do the midnight 100 tropicals pulled in for the

freeze.

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on

Thanks, DC! I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever post a comment.

Heh, it really is very nice. (I'll try to complimentary post more often.)

Chris

Old 07-01-2005, 05:34 AM
Gae Xavier

Chris wrote:
"Gae Xavier" wrote in message
news
dc wrote:

Gae Xavier wrote:

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden1.html

http://home.austin.rr.com/libralove/Garden/Garden2.html

Now is the time I run around pulling in the non-hardy orchids and
getting ready to do the midnight 100 tropicals pulled in for the

freeze.

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on

Thanks, DC! I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever post a comment.

Heh, it really is very nice. (I'll try to complimentary post more often.)

Chris

Thanks, Chris!

Doesn't have to be just a compliment -- but a comment... a question... a
whatever...

I like to see other's garden pixs, but people will probably not want to
take the time to put something up unless others show some interest by
acknowledging the pixs.

Best to You -- Gae

Old 07-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Cindy

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on

Beautiful garden!

I love succulents. Is that Devil's Backbone hardy through the winter? I
assumed not and brought mine in. Did you know they get little red flowers?
I haven't seen any yet.

Crown of Thorns does love water, but it stays smaller if you grow it hard
and dry.

Fig Ivy....I don't think I've seen it, unless it's what they sell in Home
Depot and I too thought it was Ficus pumila.

I'm just north of Houston, but I like this group, so.....

Cindy

Old 08-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Gae Xavier

Cindy wrote:

How are your gardens growing?

Best to All -- Gae

Very nice! Worth bragging on

Beautiful garden!

I love succulents. Is that Devil's Backbone hardy through the winter? I
assumed not and brought mine in. Did you know they get little red flowers?
I haven't seen any yet.

Thanks, Cindy!

The Devil's Backbone also sits in water as the pot has no hole, but I
bring it inside at the first sign of a freeze.

Crown of Thorns does love water, but it stays smaller if you grow it hard
and dry.

Yes, I think it IS TOO big, but hardly anyone believes me when I tell
them they do fine sitting in a pond of water.

Fig Ivy....I don't think I've seen it, unless it's what they sell in Home
Depot and I too thought it was Ficus pumila.

It is called something else (a woman came by and pointed out that the
big leathery leaves on top were from the same plant and she named it)
but I thought it was Ficus pumila, but she said no. It is the same
looking little leaves they sell in the stores as Ficus Pumila (but isn't!?)

Maybe someone else knows what it is called and the difference between them.