Old 10-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Where to buy a fork head to replace my broken tine?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 01:04:45 GMT, escape
wrote:

Does anyone know of a place which will sell me just the fork without the handle?
I had this beautiful stainless steel fork and I am so upset I could cry. I
broke a tine on a peach tree root. I'm tempted to buy another new one, but the
handle on the one I have is so beautiful and it is part of a matched set of
tools. I know this all sounds very anal, but...

Could you find a welding shop to weld the stainless tine back? This
used to be commonplace, albeit not with stainless steel, before we
invented a disposable society.

Rusty Mase
Old 10-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Rusty Mase

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:40:54 GMT, escape
wrote:

Rusty, I found a muffler shop and he welded it. The second I put it in the
ground it broke. Now, is it possible the properties of the stainless steel
won't allow for a weld? It was as if it was a cold joint. I would love to have
it welded, and I already did have it welded.

Well, that is not a good sign, is it V.! There are differences in
welding stainless but I suspect the muffler person knew how to do
that. You might check the yellow pages for a nearby metal fabrication
shop that advertises welding stainless and go ask them. But paying
for something twice is not really a good idea.

Maybe time for a new garden fork and get a breaker bar when you do to
use on roots and rocks. I bought a 25 pound bar and it can move the
World (with the right fulcrum). I kept bending the tines on my fork
prying rocks and the tines failed due to metal fatigue.

Rusty Mase

Replace rotary sprinkler head [email protected] Lawns 1 28-08-2006 03:10 AM
broken fork H Ryder United Kingdom 13 13-04-2006 11:06 PM
broken sprinkler head geysers [email protected] Lawns 4 27-08-2005 01:29 AM
Replacement Weed-Wacker Head: "Grass Gator Load n' Cut" fixed 4 line head - Any Good ? Robert11 Lawns 1 05-07-2005 10:35 AM
Rear-tine or front-tine tiller? J Kolenovsky Texas 6 05-04-2003 11:10 AM