Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Cindy

I've seen that - big red bag, all the farm and ranch stores and big
nursurys have it as well. It is rather specific - does hurt other
things, but not as much as some stuff. Amdro is good, but also deals a
blow to birds.

Cowby

The stuff we used was in a blue/white bag. Still can't remember the name,
but it did work. You have to water it in immediately after spreading it,
then not allow pets and kids on it until it's dry. My kids don't go in the
back yard much, but if they did I wouldn't have let them back on it until
after a good rain or a good watering.

Cindy

Old 10-03-2005, 01:32 AM
Cindy

The stuff we used was in a blue/white bag. Still can't remember the name,
but it did work. You have to water it in immediately after spreading it,
then not allow pets and kids on it until it's dry. My kids don't go in
the back yard much, but if they did I wouldn't have let them back on it
until after a good rain or a good watering.

Over 'n Out! Made by Sevin. I just saw it on TV.

Cindy

Old 10-03-2005, 05:17 AM
Cowboy

jojo wrote:
how does it hurt birds? I understood (I'm not flaming you, just need
education)
that it only effected thinks with an exoskeleton?

thanks,
jojo

Well, I have to admit it was something my brother said. I guess he could
be wrong, or confusing it w/ something else. Guess I'll have to check a
package next time I'm at the feed store.

Cowboy

"Cowboy" wrote in message

Cindy wrote:

Amdro.

There's a new(er) product that my husband got last year, and it

eradicated

the ants for MONTHS. It's such a big help, I know, that I can't

remember

the name, but I need more and I believe they have it at HOme Depot, so

I'll

let you know when I get some. It's granules that you put on with a
spreader. It probably kills everything else in the yard too, which I

hate,

but I HATE FIRE ANTS MORE!! So!

Old 22-03-2005, 07:10 AM
steph

Ants don't like it if you put slices of cucumber near their favourite
places. Steph
"escape" wrote in message
One of the most effective ways is to invest in beneficial nematodes.

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:21:12 -0600, MDM opined:

We just moved to a new place this month and my SO has put all her potted
plants in the yard just like she had them at the old place.
For some reason the ants have attacked only one of these, (some sort of
caudiform she says). They have invaded the pot, and it looks like
displaced half of the soil outside the pot, replacing it with...? Ants?
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks

ants,ants, and more ants, AAAARRRRRRGGGG Paul O. Gardening 9 11-08-2008 08:13 PM
ants v Amdro -- ants winning Wayfarer Texas 11 09-04-2003 04:08 PM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 3 05-04-2003 06:36 AM
ants in worm farm Mousie Australia 8 02-04-2003 10:20 AM
Ants, ants and more ants.... Janet Australia 5 29-03-2003 03:32 PM