Old 25-04-2005, 01:58 PM
Victor Martinez

Default Agave pups

We have lots of pups of two variegated agaves:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67871/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67811/

Both are hardy to about 20-25F, we keep them in containers and protect
them in the winter. Desmettiana likes some shade as well and both
require very good drainage. We just moved them off glazed pots because
they retained too much water.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 25-04-2005, 02:36 PM
hayduke

Victor Martinez wrote:

We have lots of pups of two variegated agaves:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67871/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67811/

Both are hardy to about 20-25F, we keep them in containers and protect
them in the winter. Desmettiana likes some shade as well and both
require very good drainage. We just moved them off glazed pots because
they retained too much water.

I'd like a couple if you're giving them away )

I dug some blue agave pups a few weeks ago, hoping they won't mind living
in a terracotta pot. The ones I dug last year don't look too happy, their
brothers and sisters who stayed with momma look much hardier. I suppose
that's to be expected.

Whit

Old 25-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Katra

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

We have lots of pups of two variegated agaves:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67871/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67811/

Both are hardy to about 20-25F, we keep them in containers and protect
them in the winter. Desmettiana likes some shade as well and both
require very good drainage. We just moved them off glazed pots because
they retained too much water.

How much ya want for them?

Or are you in to trading? :-)
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Old 25-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Victor Martinez

hayduke wrote:
I'd like a couple if you're giving them away )

I guess I should've been more explicit...
These pups are free to a good home. You come pick them up, near Hancock
and Shoal Creek. Email me privately for real address.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 25-04-2005, 02:55 PM
Katra

In article , hayduke
wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

We have lots of pups of two variegated agaves:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67871/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67811/

Both are hardy to about 20-25F, we keep them in containers and protect
them in the winter. Desmettiana likes some shade as well and both
require very good drainage. We just moved them off glazed pots because
they retained too much water.

I'd like a couple if you're giving them away )

I dug some blue agave pups a few weeks ago, hoping they won't mind living
in a terracotta pot. The ones I dug last year don't look too happy, their
brothers and sisters who stayed with momma look much hardier. I suppose
that's to be expected.

Whit

Cactus and succulents LIKE to be crowded...

Old 25-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Katra

In article ,
Victor Martinez wrote:

hayduke wrote:
I'd like a couple if you're giving them away )

I guess I should've been more explicit...
These pups are free to a good home. You come pick them up, near Hancock
and Shoal Creek. Email me privately for real address.

Heck,

I'm willing to pay if you will ship to San Marcos. ;-)

Root systems are shallow, should not be any trouble to tie them up in a
bundle and stick them into a priority box with wet paper towels around
the roots? They'd get here in 1 day.

I have a really screwed work schedule right now so trying to get to
Austin would be a real problem at the moment. :-(

I love those types of plants!

Old 25-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Cindy

Victor Martinez wrote:
We have lots of pups of two variegated agaves:
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67871/
http://davesgarden.com/pf/showimage/67811/

Both are hardy to about 20-25F, we keep them in containers and protect
them in the winter. Desmettiana likes some shade as well and both
require very good drainage. We just moved them off glazed pots because
they retained too much water.

I'd love one of the Mediopicta alba if you were willing to ship to Houston.
I have several different varieties, but none large enough to pup yet.

Cindy

Old 26-04-2005, 02:10 PM
kerry

I'd like some of them if they are available.

Old 26-04-2005, 02:30 PM
Victor Martinez

kerry wrote:
I'd like some of them if they are available.

Sorry, all the pups have been spoken for. Agaves sure are popular this
year!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Asiatic Lily pups Higgs Boson Gardening 2 17-04-2010 06:49 AM
Agave Tenuata pups Linda H Australia 2 07-02-2007 12:02 PM
We got pups Srgnt Billko Lawns 2 06-11-2006 10:47 PM
New pups on the way Srgnt Billko Lawns 0 21-10-2006 01:18 AM
Agave pups? Whit Texas 2 05-04-2003 11:09 AM