Old 03-05-2005, 09:43 AM
DM

Default looking for strawberry plants

Hi, I'm looking for musk strawberry and alpine strawberry plants, does
anyone know where I could buy some?
Home Depot has alpine strawberry seeds but not the plants.
any help would be greatly appreciated. tia
-daim
Old 03-05-2005, 01:55 PM
Katra

In article ,
DM wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for musk strawberry and alpine strawberry plants, does
anyone know where I could buy some?
Home Depot has alpine strawberry seeds but not the plants.
any help would be greatly appreciated. tia
-daim

Seriously, try ebay.
I've gotten a variety of plants from that site with links to the sellers
websites for future purposes.

I've gotten some VERY good deals too!
--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
Old 03-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Katra

In article ,
DM wrote:

Katra wrote in news:KatraMungBean-
:

In article ,
DM wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for musk strawberry and alpine strawberry plants, does
anyone know where I could buy some?
Home Depot has alpine strawberry seeds but not the plants.
any help would be greatly appreciated. tia
-daim

Seriously, try ebay.
I've gotten a variety of plants from that site with links to the sellers
websites for future purposes.

I've gotten some VERY good deals too!

Thank you Katra, I will try that.
-daim

Good hunting! :-)

I've gotten wonderful asparagus 2 year old roots, and strawberry plants
from "Herts greenhouse" off of ebay if I remember correctly. It's been
awhile, but my cats were very pleased with the catnip that grew up along
with the asparagus roots! lol Evidently there were some catnip seeds
mixed with the soil around the roots that I bought.

I later purchased a couple of fig trees that did well from their
catalogue, and muscadine grapes for a privacy fence over the wire farm
fencing I have.

The grapes have, uh, kinda taken over now and need aggressing pruning,
but the vines require little to no water since they are "native" to the
area, and I finally have the green privacy fence I've always wanted.

The thornless blackberries are not as sweet as I'd hoped but they are
healthy and good producers as long as I care for them properly.

If nothing else, ebay is a good place to make "contacts" and often the
bid prices are set lower than the catalogue prices. That can go both
ways tho' so be careful, and do not hesitate to contact most sellers for
private sales. It's against "ebay rules", but that rarely stops the more
prolific sellers.

Old 04-05-2005, 11:54 AM
Kathleen

I bought some "tristar" online - 25 plants for $15.
http://www.gardeners.com/Shopping/se...mCategoryID=9&
SC=XNET8005#SpecAtG
I wanted the "Junebearing" but couldn't find them. I found them a couple
years at Home Depot but they disappear quickly so I think you have to catch
them at the right time.
With hope and heart,
Kathleen

--
If a man is called to be a streetsweeper
He should sweep streets

.. .

Old 12-05-2005, 05:44 AM
Conor Redmond

Katra wrote:

DM wrote:

[...]

Hi Katra
Ebay has a great selection but there are associated fee and can be a
little pricey for people like myself who simply has plants that have
taken over and I just want an easy way to give them away essentially.

I would suggest you take a look at the following site as a possible
cheaper alterative to ebay.

http://www.gardennut.com

I advertised my own strawberries there after they took over. If you're
interested in some free yellow wonder or alpine strawberry seeds then
send an SSAE. you can email me for the address I should be have some
seeds dried out by july.

Cheer
Conor
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Katra

In article ,
Conor Redmond wrote:

Katra wrote:

DM wrote:

[...]

Awesome! I'll check that out, thanks!
I also have free plants to share from time to time....

Kat

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada