Old 31-07-2005, 08:46 AM
JennyC

Default OT ? - Coat of many colours...

I love Carol Klein. She's my sort of plant person :~)

I especially like the multi coloured jacket she has been wearing to all the
shows this summer. I now find myself waiting expectantly for her to pop up in it
in every gardeners World prog......and low and behold in the special on scent,
there she was wearing it again !!

It's so nice that she does not feel the need to be a fashion statement and THE
jacket is so nice that I've mailed the Beeb to ask where she got it from :~))

--
Jenny
(Rotterdam the Netherlands)

Old 31-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:46:51 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

I love Carol Klein. She's my sort of plant person :~)

I especially like the multi coloured jacket she has been wearing to all the
shows this summer. I now find myself waiting expectantly for her to pop up in it
in every gardeners World prog......and low and behold in the special on scent,
there she was wearing it again !!

It's so nice that she does not feel the need to be a fashion statement and THE
jacket is so nice that I've mailed the Beeb to ask where she got it from :~))

Jenny, I agree with you. That "fragrant" programme was excellent and
she presented it so well. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

Pam in Bristol
Old 31-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Mike

.. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

You just have :-))

Old 31-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Alan Holmes

wrote:

I love Carol Klein. She's my sort of plant person :~)

I especially like the multi coloured jacket she has been wearing to all
the
shows this summer. I now find myself waiting expectantly for her to pop up
in it
in every gardeners World prog......and low and behold in the special on
scent,
there she was wearing it again !!

It's so nice that she does not feel the need to be a fashion statement and
THE
jacket is so nice that I've mailed the Beeb to ask where she got it from
:~))

Jenny, I agree with you. That "fragrant" programme was excellent and
she presented it so well. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Pam in Bristol

Old 31-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

That's not *ALL* of Charlie D., you know. There's more, if you look up
or down...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/

Old 31-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Norma

Agreed, lovely jacket. If the Beeb pass on the info. please share it as I
would love to know as well.

Regards Norma

Old 31-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Alan Holmes

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

That's not *ALL* of Charlie D., you know. There's more, if you look up
or down...

I wasn't aware that there was an up and down, my eyes are firmly fixed on
one spot!(:-)

Old 01-08-2005, 12:05 AM
Mike Lyle

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

That's not *ALL* of Charlie D., you know. There's more, if you

look
up or down...

I wasn't aware that there was an up and down, my eyes are firmly
fixed on one spot!(:-)

That's fine, as long as you don't listen to what the silly woman
says. Give me whatsername every time: a real gardener. Gloria
Steinem? No, don't be silly...Carol Klein, for goodness' sake!

--
Mike.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

That's not *ALL* of Charlie D., you know. There's more, if you look up
or down...

I wasn't aware that there was an up and down, my eyes are firmly fixed on
one spot!(:-)

Only one? Too close, too close!

Old 01-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Ornata

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

Jenny, I agree with you. That "fragrant" programme was excellent and
she presented it so well. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

I agree that Carol is a good presenter... when she's on her own (even
if she does seem a little rough on the specimens she plants up). She's
also a good interviewer, asking intelligent questions and expanding on
points made by the person she's talking to. It's when she's stuck with
those other Gardener's World bozos that the whole thing goes horribly
wrong. They all stand around looking uncomfortable, exchanging,
chirpy, scripted banter, wasting the viewers' time. I think the next
series of GW should have a different main guest presenter each week,
and leave them to do their own thing (provided it's plant-related, of
course...).

Old 01-08-2005, 11:30 AM
Alan Holmes

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:
"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in
message k...
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

I could spend hours watching Charlie Dymock!(:-)

That's not *ALL* of Charlie D., you know. There's more, if you

look
up or down...

I wasn't aware that there was an up and down, my eyes are firmly
fixed on one spot!(:-)

That's fine, as long as you don't listen to what the silly woman
says.

I didn't know she actually speaks!(:-)

Old 01-08-2005, 04:01 PM
JennyC

"Ornata" wrote in message
oups.com...
"Pam Moore" wrote in message

Jenny, I agree with you. That "fragrant" programme was excellent and
she presented it so well. Can't really make any comparison with
Charlie Dymock. I know who I'd rather watch and listen to!

I agree that Carol is a good presenter... when she's on her own (even
if she does seem a little rough on the specimens she plants up). She's
also a good interviewer, asking intelligent questions and expanding on
points made by the person she's talking to. It's when she's stuck with
those other Gardener's World bozos that the whole thing goes horribly
wrong. They all stand around looking uncomfortable, exchanging,
chirpy, scripted banter, wasting the viewers' time. I think the next
series of GW should have a different main guest presenter each week,
and leave them to do their own thing (provided it's plant-related, of
course...).

I totally agree (much as I love Monty.......)
Hope the BBC still pops in here :~)
Jenny

Joseph's Coat LauraEG Roses 8 21-04-2004 03:05 PM
Why clay coat seeds? Scott Gardening 4 02-10-2003 04:02 PM
Joseph's Coat Shiva Roses 1 24-06-2003 03:20 AM
Joseph's Coat & Bare Root Roses Shiva Roses 0 27-04-2003 06:32 PM
Solution to carrying your coat around while working outdoors - CoatClip Doug Hitchcock Gardening 1 15-03-2003 06:56 PM