Old 12-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Broadback

Default Hebe and rabbits

I am planning a bed in a rabbit infested area of my garden. :-((
Do rabbits like them or generally ignore them? I've searched the net
and can only find reference to deer and hebe, they of course eat them,
but no deer here my dear!
--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Alho

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am planning a bed in a rabbit infested area of my garden. :-((
Do rabbits like them or generally ignore them? I've searched the net and
can only find reference to deer and hebe, they of course eat them, but no
deer here my dear!
--
All replies to this email address are deleted on receipt.

Common sense, not common market.

Although Hebe is not specifically mentioned you might find this list useful
http://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile...abbitslist.asp

Old 13-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Broadback contains these words:

I am planning a bed in a rabbit infested area of my garden. :-((
Do rabbits like them or generally ignore them? I've searched the net
and can only find reference to deer and hebe, they of course eat them,
but no deer here my dear!

We only have hares, no rabbits. Hares consider hebes a gourmet dish
:-(. Strangely, the hares only eat the hebes with purple leaves or
purple flowers. Blue pink and white ones seem safe.

Janet.
Old 14-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered User

Smile

My hebes are eaten below about 12 inches. We are infested with rabbits and the occasional deer so I would hazard a guess that it's the darned rabbits as the tops are still there!

Hebe Andersonii Variegata Variegated Hebe Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 23-03-2010 09:41 AM
Hebe franciscana 'Variegata', pests and diseases? ZoeB Gardening 5 29-11-2008 02:44 PM
Rabbits, rabbits everywhere wind'n'stone United Kingdom 4 22-05-2008 08:15 PM
Hebe or not Hebe Twobtold Gardening 9 29-08-2004 08:33 PM
Hebe and honeysuckle (earnest) pruning? crom United Kingdom 44 22-04-2004 03:07 PM