Old 15-08-2005, 01:46 PM
fourmations

Default no show chillis

Hi all

My chillies (indoor) are now two foot high
but still no flowers or fruits

one plant had three flowers which fell off
and nothing happened since

I didnt tomato feed them as i though
that was for when fruit apperaed

there are some buds on them but they aint doing much

I had planted them a little late

any thoughts

regards

niall

Old 15-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Hugh Chaloner

fourmations wrote:

any thoughts

plant them a little earlier next year

I have mine outside (in Dublin) - four plants fruiting successfully. I
put them out in about May - they were the previous year's plants which
survived the winter indoors.

Try the same plants outside next year if they survive the winter.

--
http://www.intercuts.com/blog/
Old 15-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "fourmations" contains
these words:

My chillies (indoor) are now two foot high
but still no flowers or fruits

one plant had three flowers which fell off
and nothing happened since

I didnt tomato feed them as i though
that was for when fruit apperaed

there are some buds on them but they aint doing much

I had planted them a little late

I've got chillis appearing on plants I only started in May, and one or
two quite decent chillis on one of last year's plants I pruned back to a
couple of inches . I guess you aren't giving them enough water as well
as not feeding them.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 16-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Bob Smith \(UK\)

"fourmations" wrote in message
Hi all

My chillies (indoor) are now two foot high
but still no flowers or fruits

one plant had three flowers which fell off
and nothing happened since

I didnt tomato feed them as i though
that was for when fruit apperaed

there are some buds on them but they aint doing much

I had planted them a little late

any thoughts

regards

niall

The first time I grew chillis indoors, the flowers started falling off. I
thought it may be because there were no insects to pollinate the flowers, so
I started using a cotton bud, and later a water spray to pollinate them
myself. They then started forming chillis, but unfortunately they ended up
small chilli shaped sweet peppers (due to lack of sunlight in the UK so I am
told).

The chillis I took the seeds from were about 3/4" wide by 3" long. The ones
I grew were about 1/4" wide by 1 1/2" - 2" long and very hot.

Bob

Habanero chillis in greenhouses Dave Chalton United Kingdom 2 31-10-2003 03:02 PM
ripening chillis Jaques d'Altrades United Kingdom 15 30-09-2003 12:07 PM
ripening chillis Jaques d'Altrades United Kingdom 0 22-09-2003 11:28 PM
storing chillis mart United Kingdom 4 06-09-2003 08:22 PM
Too late to sow chillis? Mark Allison United Kingdom 11 14-05-2003 04:56 AM