Old 19-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message . com
from "Cat(h)" contains these words:

In the meantime, your friends the worms will get to work, and you'll
find a fine tilth of well-structured soil when you uncover it.

I take note for another area. It sounds like a good tip.

I've done that on a smallholding, and produced beautiful friable soil
from Grade III farmland - you could almost have thrown pots using it.

True, I was helped by the throughput of fourteen goats, several hundred
rabbits and a lot of deep litter poultry. The 'throughput' was spread to
the depth of about a foot, bales of straw were laid over the top, and
plenty more 'throughput', weeds, and other greenstuff was laid over the
bales. After a good soaking in the autumn I laid builders' black
membrane over the lot and pegged it down...

Thanking you and all for your advice!

You're very welcome.

--
Rusty