Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-08-2005, 02:12 PM
Alan Holmes

"Glittery Gary" wrote in message

"compo" wrote in message
Hi gang,

We have had a dreadful summer in the far north of Scotland, a bad
depression in the Norwegian sea causing cool northerly winds and low
cloud throughout July and some of August. As a result the tomatoes in
my polytunnel are reluctant to ripen.

How can I encourage the hard green fruits to ripen on the vine at this
late stage of summer?

--
Cheers,
Compo - Nothing ventured, nothing failed. (Ian Dury)

its Green Tom chutney this year then.........

You wouldn't care to tell me how to make it?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net