Old 04-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Registered User

Default Weedkiller Info

I had a 100 Laurel hedge plants installed approx 1 month ago.
During a 2 week holiday break these were virtually overgrown with weeds.
I spent 4 full days removing all the weeds and would be grateful of information on which would be the best weedkiller to apply to keep these weeds from coming back.
Apologies if this question appears to be basic, but i'm new to this gardening game.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:35 PM
Emrys Davies

--
John G

Use a hoe. Gently disturb the surface of the soil around the plants and
that will prevent the weeds from germinating|growing. For maximum
effect do this on a hot day.

Do not use a weed killer in these circumstances.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 05-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Charlie Pridham

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"John G" wrote in message

I had a 100 Laurel hedge plants installed approx 1 month ago.
During a 2 week holiday break these were virtually overgrown with
weeds.
I spent 4 full days removing all the weeds and would be grateful of
information on which would be the best weedkiller to apply to keep
these weeds from coming back.
Apologies if this question appears to be basic, but i'm new to this
gardening game.

--
John G

Use a hoe. Gently disturb the surface of the soil around the plants and
that will prevent the weeds from germinating|growing. For maximum
effect do this on a hot day.

Do not use a weed killer in these circumstances.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

I agree do not use weed killer, I would mulch around the plants, you can
actually buy round felt mats with slits in to place around trees and shrubs
planted in grass, don't worry nothing will grow under the hedge once it has
grown .(except brambles :~( )

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 05-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Tumbleweed

"John G" wrote in message

I had a 100 Laurel hedge plants installed approx 1 month ago.
During a 2 week holiday break these were virtually overgrown with
weeds.
I spent 4 full days removing all the weeds and would be grateful of
information on which would be the best weedkiller to apply to keep
these weeds from coming back.
Apologies if this question appears to be basic, but i'm new to this
gardening game.

hoe it, cover with membrane, put some bark chips over the top if you dont
like the look of the membrane.

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Weedkiller. chris.sperry United Kingdom 4 07-05-2003 08:44 AM
weedkiller, roundup, knockdown Frank Logullo Gardening 5 05-05-2003 02:44 PM
Grass Killer (weedkiller) welshman United Kingdom 3 29-04-2003 08:33 PM
Weedkiller TAK United Kingdom 0 20-10-2002 11:14 AM
Environmentally Friendly Weedkiller Jane Ransom United Kingdom 3 28-09-2002 04:51 PM