Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
VX

Default Prostrate juniper for lawn?

The Bakker catalogue describes prostrate juniper, Juniperus Horizontalis
Wiltonii, as "the perfect alternative to a lawn. This spreading conifer is
evergreen and has very dense growth". £27.95 for a pack of 6 plants with
diameter 15-20 cm.

I'm a bit sceptical but actually this could be a good option for me. I don't
want a grass lawn that needs mowing, and it would not get a lot of wear- just
the ocsasional human pottering around and occasional visitors. My garden is
very small and the lawn area would be about twelve feet by seven. If this
isn't a terrible disaster it might just work well. But I have never heard of
anyone using this plant for a lawn and it seems sensible to ask if anyone
else has.

Any ideas or info about this one?

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)

Prostrate Evergreen les United Kingdom 1 17-05-2004 01:10 AM
planting blue rug juniper and blue star juniper sams Gardening 1 24-04-2004 01:02 PM
[IBC] To: IBC Enforcer (was: [IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy?) Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 12-02-2003 11:25 PM
[IBC] Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? sam crowell Bonsai 21 12-02-2003 09:25 PM
Juniper Bonsai life expectancy? MainAt Bonsai 1 10-02-2003 04:26 AM