Old 16-03-2003, 09:08 PM
kev

Default turf

Hello,

Complete gardening novice here.

I'm thinking about having a new laid. Lawn area is approx 80 Sq Meters.

I have a few questions:

1) How much approx will it cost? I don't want a bowling green for a lawn but
a nice grass.

2) Is it worth doing myself? or shall I get someone in?

3) Would I need any special tools to do it?

4) Can anyone recommend anyone in the Hampshire area who supplies and lay's
turf?

Many thanks

Kevin

Old 18-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Warwick Dumas

"kev" wrote in message
Hello,

Complete gardening novice here.

I'm thinking about having a new laid. Lawn area is approx 80 Sq Meters.

I have a few questions:

1) How much approx will it cost? I don't want a bowling green for a lawn

but
a nice grass.

15 pounds?

2) Is it worth doing myself? or shall I get someone in?

If you get someone else to do anything in the garden, they will charge the
earth. All you need is a couple of big boxes of lawn seed which you can get
in any DIY shop.

3) Would I need any special tools to do it?

A rake, to scarify the surface of the soil, if it has been crushed. You only
really need to make sure the ground is firm and even, and that the surface
is friable.

Old 19-03-2003, 06:08 PM
gastropod

Reasonable rolled truf will cost anything from £3.00. To prepare and lay a
turf lawn of that size will take twoor three man days depending on the lay
of the land.
In other words, for me or a colleague to lay a turf lawn would cost £600!
Listen to Warwick. The benefits of a seeded lwan are that it will fit the
patch well and will not sink in poorly prepared spots.
Neil
www.conceptgardens.com

"kev" wrote in message
Hello,

Complete gardening novice here.

I'm thinking about having a new laid. Lawn area is approx 80 Sq Meters.

I have a few questions:

1) How much approx will it cost? I don't want a bowling green for a lawn

but
a nice grass.

2) Is it worth doing myself? or shall I get someone in?

3) Would I need any special tools to do it?

4) Can anyone recommend anyone in the Hampshire area who supplies and

lay's
turf?

Many thanks

Kevin

Organic Turf / Pesticide Free Turf Mj62 Lawns 7 06-02-2011 06:57 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM
Suggest good turf grass installation company? Dan Texas 3 05-04-2003 11:11 AM