Old 19-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Registered User

Location: Herefordshire
Question Pop up sprinklers

I am just laying a new lawn.

I noticed that in America, they often have the pop-up sprinklers buried in the lawn. This seems a tidy solution to my future watering needs.

I appreciate I probably can't connect them straight up to the main water with out a one-way flow valve to ensure no contaimnants feed back.

Gardena seems to be the only make I can find widely available on the Internet in the UK.

Has anyone any experience of using these in there garden and which make have you installed ?

Anyone fed it from mains water ?
Old 19-09-2005, 11:57 PM
Ted Richardson

"Paul Thomas" wrote in message
:
: I am just laying a new lawn.
:
: I noticed that in America, they often have the pop-up sprinklers buried
: in the lawn. This seems a tidy solution to my future watering needs.
:
: I appreciate I probably can't connect them straight up to the main
: water with out a one-way flow valve to ensure no contaimnants feed
: back.
:
: Gardena seems to be the only make I can find widely available on the
: Internet in the UK.

Try these people
http://www.access-irrigation.net/landscape.PDF
Ted R.

:
: Has anyone any experience of using these in there garden and which make
: have you installed ?
:
: Anyone fed it from mains water ?
:
:
: --
: Paul Thomas

Old 23-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Mike Lyle

Ted Richardson wrote:
"Paul Thomas" wrote in

message

I am just laying a new lawn.

I noticed that in America, they often have the pop-up sprinklers
buried in the lawn. This seems a tidy solution to my future
watering needs.

I appreciate I probably can't connect them straight up to the main
water with out a one-way flow valve to ensure no contaimnants feed
back.

Gardena seems to be the only make I can find widely available on

the
Internet in the UK.

Try these people
http://www.access-irrigation.net/landscape.PDF
Ted R.

Has anyone any experience of using these in there garden and which
make have you installed ?

Anyone fed it from mains water ?

Invention of the Devil, say I in my tree-hugging mode. I don't
honestly think the national water economy can any longer afford to
use water for lawns. Save it for Lords when we avenging Aussies come
back, attuned to the dry tracks back home! (I will say, though, that
Oliver Cromwell -- of all people -- did have concealed sprinklers
installed in the walks: at the turn of a tap, the great Puritan could
produce consternated hilarity with a well-placed jet up visiting
ladies' skirts.)

--
Mike.