Old 04-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is this normal?

I've never noticed it happen in the past.

Alan a neighbour complained that his outdoor tomato plants rotted last
year, went sort of brown and patchy and so did the ones in the
greenhouse.
Some tomatoes stayed okay but not many. Also neighbour's brother 4 miles
away had same thing happen, their tomatoes were from same pack of seeds
but all that they had in common.

This year same thing has happened to me in the last month. Fruits gone
brown, blotchy but covers the entire fruit.
Do I burn, chuck or compost?
What particular disease condition is it?

Janet
We are in Amersham, Bucks if that's any help.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 04-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Jupiter

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 01:28:08 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Alan Holmes
writes

Is this normal?

I've never noticed it happen in the past.

Alan a neighbour complained that his outdoor tomato plants rotted last
year, went sort of brown and patchy and so did the ones in the
greenhouse.
Some tomatoes stayed okay but not many. Also neighbour's brother 4 miles
away had same thing happen, their tomatoes were from same pack of seeds
but all that they had in common.

This year same thing has happened to me in the last month. Fruits gone
brown, blotchy but covers the entire fruit.
Do I burn, chuck or compost?
What particular disease condition is it?

Janet
We are in Amersham, Bucks if that's any help.

Tomato Blight. Airborne fungal infection. Best to destroy the
plants.

Old 04-10-2005, 09:46 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jupiter
writes

Tomato Blight. Airborne fungal infection. Best to destroy the
plants.

But the stems don't seem to have gone and it's not like ordinary bight,
is this something different?

janet
Old 05-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Drew
writes

Hi Janet,

My tomato plants, or what was left of them ended up in the London Road
Council Tip.

Cheers

Drew

Ah one reason why I won't buy the council compost. I am never certain
of what it might contain and what it might not have killed, including
ground elder roots and bindweed.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Alan Holmes

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
In article , Drew
writes

Hi Janet,

My tomato plants, or what was left of them ended up in the London Road
Council Tip.

Cheers

Drew

Ah one reason why I won't buy the council compost. I am never certain of
what it might contain and what it might not have killed, including ground
elder roots and bindweed.

I wouldn't have put mine in the recycling area, I'd have put them in with
the rubbish to be burried.

Alan