Old 22-10-2005, 01:20 PM
WaltA

Default chain saw v. trimmer - urgent!

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:44:41 +0100, we wrote:
Yes, some of our ancestors fell out of trees as well.
Sadly they seem to have managed to procreate first :-!) and their
progeny to become legislators

You don't think legislators grow on trees, do you?

lol!
No, but their mothers are probably still climbing about in trees,,
Actually, there seem to be too many of them, so praps they do grow on
trees after all ??

Old 22-10-2005, 08:29 PM
WaltA

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 10:56:39 +0000, we variously wrote:
or maybe they were but my vendor didnt bother at that time ! ?
Do you know when the prohibition on top handled saws came in ?

From my bad memory i think it was around '97, just after i finished my
training. Yes it was due to the EU legislation coming to the UK.

Ah that could be about right (my memory isnt all that good these days
either)
B*&^% EU , dont start me ,,,

I spy a small misunderstanding,
I meant that I was more dangerous with the bigger more powerful Sthil
because it meant that I could now tackle bigger trees (and some have
been really really big) without needing to call in "the man"

Sorry, i thought you meant the saw itself, not the job you might tackle
with it.

My sorry also for my bad english/composition
But actually, now you cause me to think about it, yes, the bigger one
is more dangerous, it could break a toe if I let go of it, the Danarm
was much lighter
Cue questions about footwear,
no, please, no more regulations,,,

When you say that you had a specific use for your top handled saw, was
that using it from a rope an harness?

Ooooh! that's a leading question yeronner !
Do I have to answerv
Can I remain silent Mr Blair
5th please

Next you'll be wanting to know if I wear a seat belt whilst driving my
car !

Old 22-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Mike Lyle

WaltA wrote:
[...]
Next you'll be wanting to know if I wear a seat belt whilst driving

my
car !

You've no idea how fervently I was hoping you weren't going to say
that. And do you realise that damn' EC is going to try to force us to
stop at red lights?

--
Mike.

Old 22-10-2005, 10:28 PM
WaltA

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:58:21 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
WaltA wrote:
[...]
Next you'll be wanting to know if I wear a seat belt whilst driving

my
car !

You've no idea how fervently I was hoping you weren't going to say
that. And do you realise that damn' EC is going to try to force us to
stop at red lights?

Pardon ?
Did you think that I said that I didn't wear a seat belt ?
Did you think that I said that I did not use a rope or harness ?

Praps you should read what I did write, I poked fun at the way he
asked the question and I declined to answer, that is all.
I said nothing about what I actually did or did not do in cars or up
trees. Indeed I did not even say if I owned or drove a car, nor
anything about my feet leaving the ground !

Sometimes it is just too easy to push peoples buttons :-!)

To not stop at a red light, what a curious idea.

Old 22-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Mike Lyle

WaltA wrote:
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:58:21 +0100, "Mike Lyle" wrote:
WaltA wrote:
[...]
[...]

Ah, I misunderstood. Good. Sorry.

--
Mike.

Old 22-10-2005, 11:23 PM
WaltA

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:36:13 +0100, we wrote:

To not stop at a red light, what a curious idea.

Ah, I misunderstood. Good. Sorry.

No prob.
Erm, staying a bit OT for a moment longer, I'm not sure I should say
this next bit for fear of being misunderstood ;-) again :-)
I always stop at a red light, but I didn't say anything about not
starting up again :-!)

Old 22-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

WaltA wrote:
[...]
Next you'll be wanting to know if I wear a seat belt whilst driving

my
car !

You've no idea how fervently I was hoping you weren't going to say
that. And do you realise that damn' EC is going to try to force us to
stop at red lights?

It's all the fault of O'Grady!

He was taking his driving test and the examiner asked him what the
single yellow line along the edge of the road was.

"No parking at all." replied O'Grady, promptly.

"And what do the double yellow lines on the other side of the road
mean?" asked the examiner.

"That's aisy," replied O'Grady: "no parking at all, at all."

So...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/