Old 21-10-2005, 07:17 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default vitriol

In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Of course I do as do others...and if you had really followed this thred
and had a good understanding of it you would have known that from the
gitgo +

Well I've been trying to follow this thread (with an 'a') and all that has
happened to me, is that I'm thoroughly confused.

That is where you went wrong. I am following a b-line (any Atlas/Titan
users listening?) and have no problems.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 21-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening

It's autumn, it's cool, and things are a bit slow ATM, and if no light
can be generated, at least we can provide the heat.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 21-10-2005, 10:22 PM
La puce

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening

It's autumn, it's cool, and things are a bit slow ATM, and if no light
can be generated, at least we can provide the heat.

Jaques. Spices love. Spices.

Old 21-10-2005, 10:44 PM
Richard Brooks

Harold Walker wrote:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
. ..

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains these
words:

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message

from "Harold Walker" contains these

words:

Do I get the inference that I indeed was wrong?

Could you translate that into English, please? The quaint
Yomerk
dialect is unfamiliar to the majority of your target audience.

Methinks thou hast misspoken.

You may feel that is a bit stilted, or even that the word order is
inappropriate, but that is perfectly clear British English.

Well I didn't understand it!

The answer to his question is "yes", incidentally.

"Does Harold understand the suggestion that he was wrong ?"

The answer to that is known only to Harold, rendering Harold's post
redundant.

Janet

Of course I do as do others...and if you had really followed this thred
and had a good understanding of it you would have known that from the
gitgo +

Well I've been trying to follow this thread (with an 'a') and all that has
happened to me, is that I'm thoroughly confused.

Alan

Let me try to unconfuse you....memory is not as good as it used to be
but...I started off by saying something like....English folk being somewhat
ruder than I remembered them to be or words to that effect and ended up by
saying...'perhaps I am wrong' (this was written after seing so many rude
comments on this site).H

You are not wrong! At least if yougo to the larger (or was it lager)
cities.

I'm from the Shires but had spent too much time in and around London
(also Croydon). Upon returning momentarily to my old 'shire'
Oxfordshire in a charity walk for the RAF Association, an 'old boy' in
flat cap and riding a bike passed us and called out 'good morning!'
whilst raising his cap, to which I'd thought "do we hail him in like or
do we kill him and eat him ?"

Go outwards and Northwards! Another example. My sister and I spent a
wonderful week in Lochaber (to climb that beast) and upon leaving the
small chalet we saw our path blocked by young men in leathers, standing
around a motorbike and admiring it. My sister and I instinctively
looked at each other and tried to skirt around them un-noticed as we
didn't carry knives.

When spotted, the leather-clad gang all greeted us with the usual
wonderful Scottish greeting!

Live outside the cities!

Richard.

--
Celebrate Eid Safely!

Don't leave cooking unattended.
Old 21-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Richard Brooks

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Alan Holmes wrote:

Of course I do as do others...and if you had really followed this thred
and had a good understanding of it you would have known that from the
gitgo +

Well I've been trying to follow this thread (with an 'a') and all that has
happened to me, is that I'm thoroughly confused.

That is where you went wrong. I am following a b-line (any Atlas/Titan
users listening?) and have no problems.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

You can still download the Enigma machine to put this stuff through but
the original poster is going for English sarcasm and losing all around.

I've got a load of Nazi's in the basement who are confused too!

Richard.

Old 21-10-2005, 10:49 PM
La puce

Richard Brooks wrote:
[...]

Yes. Sure. Now, those young men in leathers, where were they? Exactly?

Old 21-10-2005, 11:15 PM
Mike Lyle

Richard Brooks wrote:
[...]
I've got a load of Nazi's in the basement who are confused too!

Well, they would be, wouldn't they? The Reich may not have delivered
any of the promised KDF/Volkswagens, but it was really efficient
about English apostrophes.

--
Mike.

Old 21-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening
?

Sorry, I don't know why Harold starts so many nitpicking OT crap
threads. Does anyone?

Janet
Old 22-10-2005, 12:49 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening

It's autumn, it's cool, and things are a bit slow ATM, and if no light
can be generated, at least we can provide the heat.

Jaques. Spices love. Spices.

So do I.

Old 22-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Harold Walker

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening
?

Sorry, I don't know why Harold starts so many nitpicking OT crap
threads. Does anyone?

Janet

So said by what appears to be a nitpicker superb - now I know what Mike
means - why oh why then doth so many even bother to read in the first
place....H

Old 22-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Harold Walker

"Harold Walker" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "capstan" contains these words:

And what the hell does all this nitpicking OT crap have to do with
gardening
?

Sorry, I don't know why Harold starts so many nitpicking OT crap
threads. Does anyone?

Janet

So said by what appears to be a nitpicker superb - now I know what Mike
means - why oh why then doth so many even bother to read in the first
place....H

p.s. Janet......if it will make you happy I will allow you the 'last
word'....that was the chicken way I used to allow my sister to 'gracefully'
shut up.....H

Old 22-10-2005, 11:09 AM
Richard Brooks

La puce wrote:
Richard Brooks wrote:

[...]

Tomonie! On the road to Fort William turn right on the junction of the
Ben Nevis distillery, past Neptune's Staircase and follow the road
around to the left at the top of the hill. Take a left into the small
housing estate area and it's a little drive off that. I can't remember
the chalet number but everyone was high on happiness even in the driving
rain! On that main road, carry on to the shops and museum for a laugh a
minute.

Now, at the opposite end of the happiness scale we have Croydon, one of
the chav, binge-drinking capitals of the South where I lived for five
years. Next door but one was the much publicised 'largest drugs bust in
many years' which was fun to watch. I wouldn't say it was rough but we
had the Trident team in our house once and as I stopped typing to look
out of the window I saw about fifteen white shirted police running past
the end of the garden, shouting and pushing some guy to the ground. A
few minutes later a mate came in and said "hey, some guy tried to hold
up the kebab shop with a gun, where I was!"

Laugh a minute that place!

Richard.

Old 22-10-2005, 11:43 AM
La puce

Richard Brooks wrote:
Tomonie! On the road to Fort William turn right on the junction of the
Ben Nevis distillery, past Neptune's Staircase and follow the road
around to the left at the top of the hill. Take a left into the small
housing estate area and it's a little drive off that. I can't remember
the chalet number but everyone was high on happiness even in the driving
rain! On that main road, carry on to the shops and museum for a laugh a
minute.

The best bicycle ride I have ever had, since I was 10 years old that
is, was around Catherina's Loch 2 years ago in the pouring rain, riding
down and down, on a junior mountain bike type thing. It was absolutely
fantastic )

But Fort William? It was 'orrible. I liked Oban. Very nice, even tho I
was walking in some very strong rain seemingly falling horizontaly.

Now, at the opposite end of the happiness scale we have Croydon, one of
the chav, binge-drinking capitals of the South where I lived for five
years. Next door but one was the much publicised 'largest drugs bust in
many years' which was fun to watch. I wouldn't say it was rough but we
had the Trident team in our house once and as I stopped typing to look
out of the window I saw about fifteen white shirted police running past
the end of the garden, shouting and pushing some guy to the ground. A
few minutes later a mate came in and said "hey, some guy tried to hold
up the kebab shop with a gun, where I was!"
Laugh a minute that place!

A kebab shop. Never been in one. So I should be safe.