Old 27-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Tracey

Default Unknown Plant

Hi all. I have a friend in Germany who would like to know the name of a
plant he has growing outside his home, he says it reminds him of a marigold
and has flowered all summer. He's made a sketch of it with a brief
description which can be seen here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/487370037xOdmVW . I think he wants to
know whether it is an annual or not.

Any info would be appreciated.

Tracey

Old 27-10-2005, 08:37 PM
gentlegreen

Default SPAM

"Tracey" wrote in message

SPAM SNIPPED

Old 27-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Phil L

gentlegreen wrote:
"Tracey" wrote in message

SPAM SNIPPED

Spam? - there's nothing being sold here, it's just a webshots album, and as
far as I know, you don't get anything for having lots of visitors to your
album.

Old 27-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Phil L

Tracey wrote:
Hi all. I have a friend in Germany who would like to know the name
of a plant he has growing outside his home, he says it reminds him of
a marigold and has flowered all summer. He's made a sketch of it
with a brief description which can be seen here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/487370037xOdmVW . I think he
wants to know whether it is an annual or not.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sketches? - have we gone back to the dark ages? - I can't make out what it
is, ask him to borrow a camera and post a photograph.

Old 27-10-2005, 08:47 PM
gentlegreen

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
gentlegreen wrote:
"Tracey" wrote in message

SPAM SNIPPED

Spam? - there's nothing being sold here, it's just a webshots album, and
as
far as I know, you don't get anything for having lots of visitors to your
album.

sorry - I thought maybe it was a clumsy way to sell the silk flowers
advertised on the page :-(

..

Old 27-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Tracey

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message .uk...

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
gentlegreen wrote:
"Tracey" wrote in message

SPAM SNIPPED

Spam? - there's nothing being sold here, it's just a webshots album, and
as
far as I know, you don't get anything for having lots of visitors to your
album.

sorry - I thought maybe it was a clumsy way to sell the silk flowers
advertised on the page :-(

That's the first time I've been accused of being a spammer, lol! I assure
you I have nothing to do with silk flowers or selling or promoting
anything!! - Just needed somewhere to post the sketch so used my webshots
album. The adverts on there are annoying but can't complain as it's a free
version of the programme.

Tracey

Old 27-10-2005, 09:09 PM
middleton.walker

"gentlegreen" wrote in
message .uk...

"Tracey" wrote in message

SPAM SNIPPED

way back when, I loved SPAM.....especially when pan fried

Old 27-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Tracey

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
It's a Gazania a somewhat tender perennial from South Africa. It can
be increased by cuttings in August/September or overwintered in a
bright, frost free spot. It is reliably hardy on the south coast, but
I very much doubt it if could withstand the cold of a German winter.
Generally these plants are so inexpensive, it is probably better to
start with new ones each year. They can be raised from seed in early
spring and there are some good strains around with a very wide range
of colours from pale cream through to intense mahogany.

Dave Poole
Torquay, Coastal South Devon UK
Winter min -2°C. Summer max 34°C.
Growing season: March - November

Thank you, Dave. I'll email him your post.

Tracey

Old 27-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Mark Thomas

- Just needed somewhere to post the sketch so used my webshots
album. The adverts on there are annoying but can't complain as it's a free
version of the programme.

Instead of a sketch can you get them to take a digital photo?

This would be a lot better then the sketch imo.

Thanks

Mark
Old 28-10-2005, 05:55 AM
JennyC

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
Tracey wrote:
Hi all. I have a friend in Germany who would like to know the name
of a plant he has growing outside his home, he says it reminds him of
a marigold and has flowered all summer. He's made a sketch of it
with a brief description which can be seen here.
http://community.webshots.com/album/487370037xOdmVW . I think he
wants to know whether it is an annual or not.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sketches? - have we gone back to the dark ages? - I can't make out what it
is, ask him to borrow a camera and post a photograph.

Nice sketch thought - wish I could draw like that :~)
Jenny

Old 28-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Tracey

"Mark Thomas" wrote in message
- Just needed somewhere to post the sketch so used my webshots
album. The adverts on there are annoying but can't complain as it's a
free version of the programme.

Instead of a sketch can you get them to take a digital photo?

This would be a lot better then the sketch imo.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks, Mark, but Dave Poole solved the mystery - the plant is a Gazania.

Tracey

unknown plant - shrub Dr. Stefan Burkart Plant Science 2 17-05-2005 08:18 PM
Unknown plant ABC United Kingdom 1 23-05-2004 08:24 AM
Unknown plant si_mats United Kingdom 7 26-01-2004 11:20 PM
Help identify unknown plant material Ronald Plant Biology 2 10-09-2003 09:23 PM
I found what my unknown trailing plant was!!! [email protected] Gardening 0 01-06-2003 11:20 PM