Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Garden School

The message
from martin contains these words:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:02:46 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

Thankyou. You'll always know it's me, because I only use one,
genuine posting ID.

and how many false ones? :-)

Don't be personal!

ducks and runs

Aye. Wisely...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 02-11-2005, 11:00 AM
La puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Just keep whining for sympathy,

The first and last time, beleive me. I bet you even scare the little
children. If not, you probably eat them.

Old 02-11-2005, 11:15 AM
La puce

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Known for it.

) It's nice to see pleasant people. My lil' nagging cold has turned
into a full blown flu today, I'm not at work and missed college last
night. I think I've got the tomato flu...

Old 02-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:
Known for it.

) It's nice to see pleasant people. My lil' nagging cold has turned
into a full blown flu today, I'm not at work and missed college last
night. I think I've got the tomato flu...

You should have ducked (not avian) when the tomatoes flu.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article .com,
La puce wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
Just keep whining for sympathy,

The first and last time, beleive me. I bet you even scare the little
children. If not, you probably eat them.

I certainly do.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Mike

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article .com,
La puce wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
Just keep whining for sympathy,

The first and last time, beleive me. I bet you even scare the little
children. If not, you probably eat them.

I certainly do.

A whole one? ;-)

Old 02-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

La puce wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
Just keep whining for sympathy,

The first and last time, beleive me. I bet you even scare the little
children. If not, you probably eat them.

I certainly do.

A whole one? ;-)

Everything except the whinge...

Old 02-11-2005, 09:26 PM
La puce

Sacha wrote:
I would remind you of your declared intention not to communicate with Janet
again. That would probably be a good idea - for all of us.

pout

Old 02-11-2005, 10:07 PM
Mike Lyle

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article .com,
La puce wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
Just keep whining for sympathy,

The first and last time, beleive me. I bet you even scare the

little
children. If not, you probably eat them.

I certainly do.

With me, it's a bit like smoking: only OP's.

--
Mike.

Old 04-11-2005, 10:48 PM
Registered User

Location: Worthing, England
Thumbs down

Make that ANY number of people (gardeners or not) with any level of intelligence. A friend of mine is a novice gardener and was gobsmacked at how appalling this "reality-TV" little in-crowd jokey clique show was.

Thank God for "Gardener's World " following hot on its heels, and returning us to the world of intelligence and normality.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:23 PM
La puce

Blossom wrote:

Make that ANY number of people (gardeners or not) with any level of
intelligence. A friend of mine is a novice gardener and was gobsmacked
at how appalling this "reality-TV" little in-crowd jokey clique show
was.

Thank God for "Gardener's World " following hot on its heels, and
returning us to the world of intelligence and normality.

Oh yes. Thank God for Monsieur Darcy, Monty I mean ... faint

Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Sacha

On 5/11/05 12:51, in article , "Janet
Baraclough" wrote:

The message
from Blossom contains these words:

Make that ANY number of people (gardeners or not) with any level of
intelligence. A friend of mine is a novice gardener and was gobsmacked
at how appalling this "reality-TV" little in-crowd jokey clique show
was.

She should pay closer attention, she'll learn something worthwhile
about the astonishing breadth of gardening and some valuable skills.
That's clearly DG's intention towards the students.

Much of what DG has covered so far, are topics which have been raised
in urg countless times over the years. What seeds are suitable for kids
to grow? How to start planning a garden from scratch on a blank canvas?
What on earth can I use to map out and help visualise a
three-dimensional plan? (So far, DG has demonstrated three really
excellent practical techniques for that, none of which I have ever seen
on any other TV gardening program).

He's making the students think for themselves , which frankly GW does not.

Janet.

We saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I
really *cannot* be doing with DG's voice, it drives me mad BUT we thought
the general thrust of the programme was at the least, interesting. However,
I am highly dubious about the extent of DG's real and genuine, continuous
input.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 06-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Flower Bobdew

Janet Baraclough writes

from Blossom contains these words:

Make that ANY number of people (gardeners or not) with any level of
intelligence. A friend of mine is a novice gardener and was gobsmacked
at how appalling this "reality-TV" little in-crowd jokey clique show
was.

She should pay closer attention, she'll learn something worthwhile
about the astonishing breadth of gardening and some valuable skills.

Quite! It pays to watch this kind of programme with, at least, half an
open mind.

It increasingly makes me chuckle, erm, slightly... A fairly common trait
of the deconstructive British mentality regularly turns its attention to
the 'reality-TV' genre. I've seen this sniping in so many places
now...cristicsms of the programmes, criticisms of the people on them,
and with so many of those criticisms then offered with, often at best,
half-assed appreciation and/or trite generalisations.

Much of what DG has covered so far, are topics which have been raised
in urg countless times over the years. What seeds are suitable for kids
to grow? How to start planning a garden from scratch on a blank
canvas? What on earth can I use to map out and help visualise a
three-dimensional plan? (So far, DG has demonstrated three really
excellent practical techniques for that, none of which I have ever
seen on any other TV gardening program).

He's making the students think for themselves, which frankly GW does not.

But at least they tell us how to put a lawn to bed for the
winter...*every* year.

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden