Old 08-11-2005, 04:10 PM
La puce

Default Garden School

Mike wrote:
Thank God I am not the only one who considers the 'owners' of this newsgroup
to wear Jack Boots.

It's getting simply impossible!! I'm fed up!! Who does she thinks she
is?! Rude, simply rude!

Well ... I'm alright really. There's a life out there, thank goodness
;o)

And thank you, I didn't know that the Barrowcloth had a moustache.

I'm made this bit up. Suits her though g

Old 08-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Mike

Forget it. The Gestapo have got their Jack Boots into you just as they have
for me. They 'Own' the group, have been posting since Adam was first in the
garden and take their attitude to great depths. I go down to Devon a lot
with an Association and the wife of a member was talking gardening with
other wives at the hotel. One had seen Sacha's ADVERT in her signature and
remarked about going there whilst in the area. "Shouldn't bother" one of the
other wives remarked, "I used to subscribe to 'her' gardening newsgoup and
popped in there 'for a chat', but when I said I was an urgler and 'popped in
for a chat', her retort was 'I don't have time to chat, what do you want?'.
I left and unsubscribed from 'her' newsgroup" That was about three years ago
and I often wonder if she treats all urglers like that. Have no desire to go
and find out thank you.

This newsgroup has a huge amount of lurkers and I had a lot of response when
I was ADVERTISING ex service Associations in my signature, however I was
stopped by the 'owners' and subsequently 'watch'.

NOTE TO NEWBIE GARDENERS. The 'owners' of this newsgroup were never
beginners. They were born with all their knowledge.

Mike

"La puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sacha wrote:
Some of your advice IS misleading. Perhaps you think that the rest of

us
should sit back and let you give bad advice because you have a high

opinion
of it yourself?

OK. Lets start from the beginning. What is misleading about giving
potash to rhodos? And what's misleading about putting copper rings
around plants?

Well, Chacha, you don't mind do you, you stop first going on about
Janet and mind your own business and I perhaps will stop reminding you
this )

Oh, dear. Another tantrum thrower. What a shame.

I'm not. I'm smiling

YOU were the one that said you were going to ignore Janet and stop

boring on
and on and on about her.

I have but she keeps coming at me.

I am the one suggesting you keep your word. If
you don't intend to do that and allow the group as a whole to discuss

things
without you conducting a personal and immature vendetta, then you're a
deadweight, IMO and into the kill file you go.

Right. Killfile me would indeed be easier for you to have the last
word. Brilliant debates that! Looks like a tantrum to me )

Old 08-11-2005, 04:45 PM
La puce

Mike wrote:
(snip)

You should see how many emails I've just received in the last 10
minutes )

This newsgroup has a huge amount of lurkers and I had a lot of response when
I was ADVERTISING ex service Associations in my signature, however I was
stopped by the 'owners' and subsequently 'watch'.

I don' t understand. Sacha's advertising her nursery. Why can't you
advertise your services?

NOTE TO NEWBIE GARDENERS. The 'owners' of this newsgroup were never
beginners. They were born with all their knowledge.

) I'm tolerant, really I am. Even to the 'orrible Irish man two plots
down from mine. He's quite rude, but I understand him. He's got no time
to chat, but if it's 'his' time to chat and not yours, that's allright
.... There's lots of people like that. I've been brought up by elderly
people too. So I understand their 'old school' attitude and the
dementia that creeps in. But however this is not right. I'm going to
give nookie[1] vouchers to the rudest people in here, Janet gets two
for the price of one. Sacha can watch.

[1] From a lurker urger who knows who she is.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message .com
from "La puce" contains these words:
'
I don' t understand. Sacha's advertising her nursery. Why can't you
advertise your services?

Look up the Usenet charter of this group, a link is posted every week.
Focus on what it says about advertising, and about sigs.

Janet
Old 08-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Dave Liquorice

On 7 Nov 2005 05:03:02 -0800, La puce wrote:

It's got to be 'funky' innit. I mean, weird camera angles should
give you the illusion that you're *there* man,

Well my head does't rock about like that, nor do I lie on the floor to
listen to some one speaking.

I will never forget the programme pre-chelsea and the razamataz
around him at the time. He was so so so ambarassingly pleased with
himself when he shared 'his secrets' to the design of his garden,
which was a glass of wine he had inadvertently left on his drawing
and that gave him the 'round' aspect of his shed^^^igloo.

The bits of Chelsea I saw had DG two sheets to the wind most of the
time. He should not have been allowed in front of the camera I really
felt for Alan Titchmarsh sat there trying to hold the show together
with a blathering drunk next to him.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 09-11-2005, 11:27 AM
La puce

Dave Liquorice wrote:
Well my head does't rock about like that, nor do I lie on the floor to
listen to some one speaking.

))

The bits of Chelsea I saw had DG two sheets to the wind most of the
time. He should not have been allowed in front of the camera I really
felt for Alan Titchmarsh sat there trying to hold the show together
with a blathering drunk next to him.

Poor Alan. But DG did say, eventually, sometimes later, that Alan was
his 'guru'. I think DG realised how silly he had been but more to the
point how lonely he was in his quest for the 'original' for a better
word.

Old 09-11-2005, 11:50 AM
La puce

Mike Lyle wrote:
Perhaps what we
should be doing is campaigning to get the Open University to make
these programmes for advanced gardeners.

All the videos we watch at college are all shot from Wisley in the last
10 years. Wisley seems to be *the* garden experiments for the RHS and
is the learning ground of all RHS courses. I hope I can go next year to
visit as a friend just got a job there.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Judith Lea

In article , Sacha
writes
We saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I
really *cannot* be doing with DG's voice, it drives me mad

Oh! I don't know about that Sacha, I wouldn't mind hearing it in my ear
one night!!

--
Judith Lea

Old 09-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Judith Lea

In article .com, La
puce writes
It's got to be 'funky' innit.

Helene, you can't possibly be French, I love your English!! innit!!

--
Judith Lea
Old 09-11-2005, 01:50 PM
La puce

Judith Lea wrote:
Helene, you can't possibly be French, I love your English!! innit!!

Hey luv, glad yer loike it )

Old 09-11-2005, 03:46 PM
Sacha

On 9/11/05 12:04, in article , "Judith
Lea" wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
We saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it for the most part. I
really *cannot* be doing with DG's voice, it drives me mad

Oh! I don't know about that Sacha, I wouldn't mind hearing it in my ear
one night!!

Ooooh no! Absolutely not at all - no way, not. But I think you might be
more 'attuned' than I am. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Judith Lea contains these words:
In article , Sacha
writes

We saw it for the first time last night and enjoyed it for the most
part. I
really *cannot* be doing with DG's voice, it drives me mad

Oh! I don't know about that Sacha, I wouldn't mind hearing it in my ear
one night!!

gravel

Have some Madeira, M'dear!

/gravel