Old 14-11-2005, 12:00 PM
Sacha

Default Brrrrrrrrr!

First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 14-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Welsh Witch

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:04:51 +0100, martin wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:00:02 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Here too!

*************************
Yes and here in Shropshire cars white over, but soon cleared up.
*************************

Old 14-11-2005, 07:33 PM

Lovely and sunny here, just planted out my bedding plants in my hanging
baskets, petunias, and pansies, and hibiscus, Strelitzia is just coming
into flower (yes I had to buy one) day temps are around 20, and night
time it gets down to 15.
Mike

Old 14-11-2005, 08:03 PM
shazzbat

news
wrote:

First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Here too!
--

And here. The Xmas sprouts and parsnips have been duly frosted.

Steve

Old 14-11-2005, 08:15 PM
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Still no frost here. At least, no sign of any frost damage whatever. And
at 6.45am it was remarkably warm.
--
Kay

Old 14-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Kay
writes
In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Still no frost here. At least, no sign of any frost damage whatever. And
at 6.45am it was remarkably warm.

I didn't see any frost, but the when I went down to the allotment late
in the morning, I found that flowers on the Anoda cristata appeared to
have been frosted.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 14-11-2005, 10:49 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Still no frost here.

Nor here. Just galeforce rain. Did some potting up (in drizzle during
a brief lull). Plotted clearing space in J's workshop, as indoor potting
area.

Janet

Old 14-11-2005, 10:56 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "shazzbat" contains these words:
news
wrote:

First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny day.

Here too!

And here. The Xmas sprouts and parsnips have been duly frosted.

And I left a pomeranate seedling out last night to the tender mercies of
-2°C, and it seems OK.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 15-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Andy

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny
day.

Still no frost here.

Nor here. Just galeforce rain. Did some potting up (in drizzle during
a brief lull). Plotted clearing space in J's workshop, as indoor potting
area.

Janet

No frost in Plymouth, at least not if my nasturtiums have suddenly become
hardy - they're still blooming.

Andy.

Old 15-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Sacha

On 15/11/05 0:31, in article , "Andy"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny
day.

Still no frost here.

Nor here. Just galeforce rain. Did some potting up (in drizzle during
a brief lull). Plotted clearing space in J's workshop, as indoor potting
area.

Janet

No frost in Plymouth, at least not if my nasturtiums have suddenly become
hardy - they're still blooming.

You're probably a bit closer to the sea than we are! We're only about 3
miles from Dartmoor. The frost wasn't severe and doesn't seem to have
harmed anything but we did cover that lovely deep red nasturtium which we
had in a big Ali Baba pot and which just flies out of the nursery in spring.
I can't recall the name exactly - something like Red Velvet? I know it
doesn't set seed at all well and we like to try to get it to make nice big
clumps for us.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Welsh Witch

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 00:31:28 +0000, Andy wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Kay contains these words:

In article , Sacha
writes
First frost here this morning! But it's a gloriously clear and sunny
day.

Still no frost here.

Nor here. Just galeforce rain. Did some potting up (in drizzle during
a brief lull). Plotted clearing space in J's workshop, as indoor potting
area.

Janet

No frost in Plymouth, at least not if my nasturtiums have suddenly become
hardy - they're still blooming.

Andy.

*************************
Very hardy lot down in Plymouth...at least I know your people are, they
used to have a swim on Christmas Day..wonder if they still do?
************************

Old 15-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Sacha

On 15/11/05 10:07, in article
, "Sacha"

wrote:

[...]

Hermine Grashoff - a fabulous nasturtium. It was called Red something or
other and heaven only knows what possessed someone to turn its name into
Hermione Grashof. But it's outstandingly good, IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk