Old 16-11-2005, 05:21 PM
Sacha

Default Tresco meet?

When I wrote to David Poole today about the Muehlenbeckia in the Abbey
Gardens in Tresco, it went through my mind that it might be possible to have
an urg meet there. There are a few possibilities; people can helicopter
over for the day (I gather the boat trip can be rough but that's a
possibility and costs less); people could stay somewhere near the heliport
for a long w/e or on Tresco itself at either the Island Hotel (expensive but
truly wonderful and without out of this world food) or the New Inn; people
could stay at Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher (not cheap either but v. good) and
people could stay on any of the other islands and come to Tresco for the
day as part of a holiday. The gardens are absolutely staggering and Tresco
itself is beautiful beyond belief, IMO. We know Mike Nelhams, who is the
curator of the garden there, so might be able to arrange a guided tour with
him IF he's there and not taking some glam tour to some glam place abroad.
Anyway, I thought I'd just see what the general reaction is to the idea. I
think everyone needs to give their favoured time of year and we would have
to see if Mike could do it in 2006 or even 2007. Certainly, I think
everyone should make their own arrangements as to transport and hotels
because the Tresco options are limited but the other islands give wider
options, as does the day trip possibility.
One word of warning - accommodation on Tresco itself books up fast - it's
enormously popular so whatever we do, if we do anything, we have to make
good advance plans.
In the meantime, here's a taster: http://www.tresco.co.uk/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-11-2005, 05:23 PM
Mike

;-)

Well bless my soul :-))

and I thought I was kill filed

:-))

Mike
who DIDN'T come down in the last shower of rain.

:-)))))

Old 16-11-2005, 05:29 PM
middleton.walker

"Mike" wrote in message
;-)

Well bless my soul :-))

and I thought I was kill filed

:-))

Mike
who DIDN'T come down in the last shower of rain.

:-)))))

Who on earth would wish to kill file such a good guy as you Mike

Old 16-11-2005, 05:31 PM
Mike

"middleton.walker" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
;-)

Well bless my soul :-))

and I thought I was kill filed

:-))

Mike
who DIDN'T come down in the last shower of rain.

:-)))))

Who on earth would wish to kill file such a good guy as you Mike

The 'owners' of the newsgroup who think they are the best thing since sliced
bread :-(((

Old 16-11-2005, 05:35 PM
middleton.walker

"Mike" wrote in message

"middleton.walker" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
;-)

Well bless my soul :-))

and I thought I was kill filed

:-))

Mike
who DIDN'T come down in the last shower of rain.

:-)))))

Who on earth would wish to kill file such a good guy as you Mike

The 'owners' of the newsgroup who think they are the best thing since
sliced
bread :-(((

I think I know who you mean...from what I have seen they are more like
sliced liver

Old 17-11-2005, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes

I've sent him an email, too and perhaps we can all 'lean' on him! What about
your tribe, Kay? Camping in Scilly? ;-)

The tribe is now is now old enough to be left to its own devices :-)

It sounds tempting, we'll have to see if we can fit it in with the other
things which are happening.
--
Kay

Tresco Sacha United Kingdom 0 17-06-2007 08:39 AM
Abbey Gardens, Tresco Sacha United Kingdom 6 20-04-2007 10:53 PM
Tresco Abbey Gardens Sacha United Kingdom 4 20-03-2007 10:24 PM
Tresco Chris Hogg United Kingdom 10 27-06-2003 07:29 PM
Tresco Chris Hogg United Kingdom 5 25-06-2003 08:20 PM