Old 21-11-2005, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Daphne bholua

Is covered in buds and has several flowers open, too.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 21-11-2005, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod Craddock

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
Is covered in buds and has several flowers open, too.
--

Ours is covered in hoar frost - at least it was 'til this morning. A
real treat to look forward to after Christmas.

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Old 22-11-2005, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

Mine too has several flowers out. (the busk now 2.5 m high) My most prized
plant in the garden (var darjeeling) also has Clematis cirrosa in flower
trailing through it.

Trevor
East Yorkshire

Old 22-11-2005, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 22/11/05 17:33, in article
, "Trevor"
wrote:

Mine too has several flowers out. (the busk now 2.5 m high) My most prized
plant in the garden (var darjeeling) also has Clematis cirrosa in flower
trailing through it.

This is early, isn't it? Even for this wonderful shrub! We have C.
cirrhosa in the front of the house, where we park our own cars, so I'll have
to check that tomorrow morning!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-11-2005, 12:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

On 22/11/05 17:33, in article
, "Trevor"
wrote:

Mine too has several flowers out. (the busk now 2.5 m high) My most prized
plant in the garden (var darjeeling) also has Clematis cirrosa in flower
trailing through it.

This is early, isn't it? Even for this wonderful shrub! We have C.
cirrhosa in the front of the house, where we park our own cars, so I'll have
to check that tomorrow morning!
--

My C. cirrhosa 'Freckles' seldom seems to be out of flower. Never
spectacular but just carries on gamefully. I'm a bit vague about exactly

Old 23-11-2005, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Trevor

the C cirrosa has been flowering on and off since Sep. The bholua usually
flowers now till end Jan. The scent is tremendous and can be detected from
10-15 m.

Old 25-11-2005, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin

The message k
from Sacha contains these words:

wrote:

Mine too has several flowers out. (the busk now 2.5 m high) My
most prized
plant in the garden (var darjeeling) also has Clematis cirrosa in flower
trailing through it.

This is early, isn't it? Even for this wonderful shrub! We have C.
cirrhosa in the front of the house, where we park our own cars, so
I'll have
to check that tomorrow morning!
--

My C. cirrhosa 'Freckles' seldom seems to be out of flower. Never
spectacular but just carries on gamefully. I'm a bit vague about exactly
when it starts and stops but it's certainly been in flower for some time
now.
Janet G

I think - not sure - that I've mentioned on here before that I saw it grown
low down and along a fence. It worked much better than the usual way of
letting it gallop to the top of a trellis and flower at the top, virtually
out of sight!
--
Sacha

Mine is growing up an east facing wall in a quite protected position but
the wall is less than 5ft tall. It tends to flower between 3ft and the
top just at eye height for a shortie like me, so perhaps from what you
say, I accidentally got the siting of it just about right.
I've got a baby C. cirrhosa balearica coming along which I grew from
seed so a planting site along the same wall looks tempting if I can
squeeze it in.

Janet G

Daphne bholua 'Jaqueline Postill' Rod[_5_] United Kingdom 6 07-01-2013 12:10 AM
Daphne bholua Sacha United Kingdom 8 16-12-2006 07:54 AM
Daphne bholua 'Jaqueline Postill' Rod United Kingdom 4 29-01-2004 07:13 PM
Daphne Pete United Kingdom 0 04-01-2004 11:07 AM
Daphne Odora- diagnosis, please skg Gardening 2 14-04-2003 07:08 AM