Old 26-11-2005, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Snowdrops

Another 'funny old year' moment - snowdrops which don't usually show until
much later, are already poking through the grass in some areas. OTOH, a
climbing 'Iceberg' rose is still budding and flowering, some valerian is in
flower, and so are quite a few other things that should really be having
their winter snooze. And Mahonia bealei is flowering its socks off, as is
another much taller Mahonia I can't remember the name of.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-11-2005, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kay

In article , Sacha
writes
Another 'funny old year' moment - snowdrops which don't usually show until
much later, are already poking through the grass in some areas. OTOH, a
climbing 'Iceberg' rose is still budding and flowering, some valerian is in
flower, and so are quite a few other things that should really be having
their winter snooze. And Mahonia bealei is flowering its socks off, as is
another much taller Mahonia I can't remember the name of.

The downside of all this is that we never quite finished our autumn!
Lots of trees were still in full leaf when the frosts his, and instead
of going the usual gorgeous colours, their leaves have been frosted and
are hanging like limp dishrags. The garden's a bit of a mess atm - I'll
be glad when winter proper comes and all these limp things are replaced
by the bark colours.
--
Kay

Old 26-11-2005, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , Sacha
writes
Another 'funny old year' moment - snowdrops which don't usually show until
much later, are already poking through the grass in some areas. OTOH, a
climbing 'Iceberg' rose is still budding and flowering, some valerian is in
flower, and so are quite a few other things that should really be having
their winter snooze. And Mahonia bealei is flowering its socks off, as is
another much taller Mahonia I can't remember the name of.

The downside of all this is that we never quite finished our autumn!
Lots of trees were still in full leaf when the frosts his, and instead
of going the usual gorgeous colours, their leaves have been frosted and
are hanging like limp dishrags. The garden's a bit of a mess atm - I'll
be glad when winter proper comes and all these limp things are replaced
by the bark colours.
Kay

I've been putting of clearing up.........but today could not stand the sight of
the frozen coleus any longer!
Still have roses in bloom :~))
Jenny

Old 26-11-2005, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
datsy

Another 'funny old year' moment - snowdrops which don't usually show until
much later, are already poking through the grass in some areas.

Well, .....my daffodils started poking through at the end of October - in
Ayrshire. They're now a couple of inches high.

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops Cavalier United Kingdom 21 05-02-2003 12:57 PM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM