Old 06-12-2005, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default Import of plant from USA

Rupert wrote:
"Stewart Robert Hinsley" wrote in

message
In message . com,
La puce writes

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:
Threats of stalking (which is what you appeared to be making)

are
a step beyond namecalling, never mind that you're hardly

innocent
of namecalling yourself.

Do you want to see the emails she has sent me?

No.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks for saying that on my behalf as well, cos I only read and
never reply to some posters.

Thanks for the really productive discussion on what I had been naive
enough to imagine might have been an interesting subject, guys. I
believe our American cousins at this point say something like
"Sheesh!"

--
Mike.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
middleton.walker

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Rupert wrote:
[...]

If your American cousins say somethi9ng like "Sheesh" they must be females
cos the males use a far different set of words...H

Old 06-12-2005, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Mike Lyle" wrote in message
Rupert wrote:
[...]

Mike -I thought the discussion was quite interesting with loads of useful
links.
You done better than me mate cos I am still waiting to hear about
"Importing plants from USA"--bugga

Old 06-12-2005, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 6/12/05 21:38, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

snip
You done better than me mate cos I am still waiting to hear about
"Importing plants from USA"--bugga

Didn't you get an email from me with the name of Ray's agent who might be
able to help you find someone?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-12-2005, 01:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sacha" wrote in message
.uk...
On 6/12/05 21:38, in article , "Rupert"
wrote:

snip
You done better than me mate cos I am still waiting to hear about
"Importing plants from USA"--bugga

Didn't you get an email from me with the name of Ray's agent who might be
able to help you find someone?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove the weeds to email me)

No I haven't got that. Strange because other email got through from your
address.Perhaps my mailwasher has become too aggressive.
So I have added *sacha*@* and I suppose I will now be bombed with spam from
South Australian Community Housing Authority.

Old 06-12-2005, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains these words:

Thanks for the really productive discussion on what I had been naive
enough to imagine might have been an interesting subject, guys.

On my server, there has been an extensive discussion of the subject
you raised. Since your name recurs throughout it seems unlikely you
missed it.

Plant import is not the only issue which has arisen during the course
of the discussion. As usual, there was lying garbage from a troll whose
only purpose was to disrupt, abuse and antagonise.

Some people here feel that the survival of this newsgroup is what makes
it possible to discuss any horticultural issue, and to that end it's
important to rebut troll attempts to disrupt threads and undermine the
group.Those who care about that, probably think "sheesh" every time you
naively encourage trolls by conversing with them, and help them evade
killfiles by quoting their drivel .

Janet
Old 06-12-2005, 11:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Mike Lyle" contains

these
words:

Thanks for the really productive discussion on what I had been

naive
enough to imagine might have been an interesting subject, guys.

On my server, there has been an extensive discussion of the

subject
you raised. Since your name recurs throughout it seems unlikely you
missed it.

Ah, I'll search GG. I've been away.

Plant import is not the only issue which has arisen during the
course of the discussion. As usual, there was lying garbage from a
troll whose only purpose was to disrupt, abuse and antagonise.

Some people here feel that the survival of this newsgroup is what
makes it possible to discuss any horticultural issue, and to that

end
it's important to rebut troll attempts to disrupt threads and
undermine the group.Those who care about that, probably think
"sheesh" every time you naively encourage trolls by conversing

with
them, and help them evade killfiles by quoting their drivel .

I don't think I replied to any trolls in this thread. I talked for a
while with one member who got impenetrably irrelevant, but I don't
think he's a troll.

--
Mike.

USDA/APHIS plant import question(s) for any import experts, specifically Puerto Rico Ker_01 Gardening 1 13-05-2008 02:14 PM
Import live plants from USA? Joe B. United Kingdom 6 28-01-2004 01:12 PM
[IBC] New Import Restrictions? audgen Bonsai 2 16-05-2003 06:56 AM
import permit RABarrer Orchids 1 22-02-2003 10:39 PM
Import permit documents rajiv Orchids 1 21-02-2003 11:39 PM