Old 03-01-2006, 12:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
htmark98

Default When is the best time to start planting?

I got loads of plants ready for planting, either in the cold frame or
in pots covered with fleace. Is it late March or late April?

Or can i start doing it as soon as the frost and cold weather leaves us?

Old 03-01-2006, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"htmark98" wrote in message
oups.com...
I got loads of plants ready for planting, either in the cold frame or
in pots covered with fleace. Is it late March or late April?

Or can i start doing it as soon as the frost and cold weather leaves us?

It depends on what plants you intend to plant and where you are.
If you are talking about bog standard healthy plants that are beyond their
juvenile stage then plant them whenever it suits you..
I usually wait till early spring but that's because if I plant any earlier I
tend to dig up something that I had forgotten about.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

htmark98 wrote:

I got loads of plants ready for planting, either in the cold frame or
in pots covered with fleace. Is it late March or late April?

What plants? Flowers, vegs, succulents, grasses ...?

Or can i start doing it as soon as the frost and cold weather leaves us?

Usually a good idea to wait till the risk of frost has passed. I'm
currious to know what you've got. When did you start your seeds?

Old 03-01-2006, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from "htmark98" contains these words:

I got loads of plants ready for planting, either in the cold frame or
in pots covered with fleace.

Brian, save me....

Janet

~~~~~~~
I'm beginning to wonder who is actually 'extracting the Michael'? These
must be deliberate~surely?
Best Wishes Brian

Old 03-01-2006, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
htmark98

Sorry not posted back forgot i posted the question.

I don't know all the plants but i bought them all last year ready for
planting and the garden was having a massive overhaul, it took a little
longer than i thought so thought i wait till this year. No no seeds all
perennials a few shrubs, roses i'll get the names for you if you need
them.

Old 03-01-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Brian, save me....

I'm beginning to wonder who is actually 'extracting the Michael'?
These must be deliberate~surely?

I recommend planting more Erigeron.

--
Sue

Old 03-01-2006, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

"Sue" wrote in message

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Brian, save me....

I'm beginning to wonder who is actually 'extracting the Michael'?
These must be deliberate~surely?

I recommend planting more Erigeron.

--
Sue

No Sue you know that's bad advice. The cultural needs of Erigeron are
totally different to those of
Inula dysenterica .

Old 03-01-2006, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Brian

"Sue" wrote in message

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote
"Janet Baraclough" wrote
Brian, save me....

I'm beginning to wonder who is actually 'extracting the Michael'?
These must be deliberate~surely?

I recommend planting more Erigeron.

--
Sue

~~~~~~~
It's become the bane of our lives!
Brian.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Brian wrote:

It's become the bane of our lives!

Ho I don't know. I'm laughing so much here )

Please again! Again!! And more often!