Old 08-01-2006, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default HELP- Are Passion Flowers Evergreen ???

I wonder if any of the subscribers are able to help?

I have been looking for a vigorous growing evergreen climber to screen
a wall -- Read on :-

I have a Honeysuckle, Climates and Passion Fruit plants on a southwest
facing wall. We haven't had any real heavy frost but with what we
have had the Honeysuckle and Climates have withered away, as expected,
but the Passion Flower has stayed green and is vibrant and showing new
growth.

Are Passion Flowers evergreen??? If so, this type of plant may be the
Plant I have been looking for !

Please advise.

Many Thanks.

Rick.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

wrote:

Are Passion Flowers evergreen???

Yes )

Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Are Passion Flowers evergreen???

No, deciduous. But in a mild winter and sheltered spot, the leaves on
P caerulea sometimes stay on till spring.

(snip)

All are said to be evergreen to the exception of incarnata. The ones
that are semi-evergreen depending on the winter, is coccinea,
alatocaeruta and virifolia. My neighbour's P caerulea is evergreen
against a wall under a porch.

Passion Pinks - Help please with weighty flowers! Lumic Gardening 0 26-05-2012 12:48 PM
HELP-Are Passion Flowers Evergreen ??? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 09-01-2006 04:09 PM
"Evergreen" Pulmonaria not truly evergreen in warm latitudes? LanscpHort Gardening 3 29-02-2004 02:42 PM
Passion Flowers starlia Texas 9 26-05-2003 10:08 AM
Evergreen Maxi Spreader and Evergreen weed and feed. Steve S United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 08:32 PM