Old 16-01-2006, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
newsb

Default Pruning Fruit Trees

In article , Dwayne
writes
Yes you can raise apples without spraying them. I can most of mine, and cut
out the worm damage while peeling and coring them.

Organic farmers know how to raise them without spray, I just don't know any
that do it that way.

None (or as good as none) of our apples have had worm damage for the
last two years. Of course, this could be just a coincidence, but I like
to believe it is the pheromone traps removing most of the male codling
moths and thereby severely curtailing their breeding.

Normally, we also use the trap for the plum sawfly - this year we didn't
and a lot of the first flush of plums were wormed.

We never sparay the trees with anything.

--
regards andyw