Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Newport

Default Horseradish

Hi everybody,

I am looking to grow some horseradish in containers (to control it)
but cant find anybody selling seeds or plants. Can anybodt suggest
anything?

I understand that the leaves are poisonouos. Can they be used in the
compost heap?

Thanks
Steve
Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Steve Newport wrote:
Hi everybody,

I am looking to grow some horseradish in containers (to control it)
but cant find anybody selling seeds or plants. Can anybodt suggest
anything?

I understand that the leaves are poisonouos. Can they be used in the
compost heap?

I found this supplier:
http://www.organiccatalog.com/catalo...p?cPath=59_155

I don't think there's any plant material you can't put on the compost
heap just because it's poisonous: the toxic compounds will break down,
and even if they don't they'll have no effect on plants grown in the
resulting compost. I find that two pigs were killed by eating two to
three ounces of the grated root between them, which isn't all that much,
but I'd like to see the human who could eat an ounce of the stuff!

--
Mike.

Old 02-02-2006, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
dirt dibbler

Mike Lyle wrote:
Steve Newport wrote:
[...]

wilko usually sell thongs of horseradish, not checked recently to see
what's in.

DD

Old 02-02-2006, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat

"Dave the exTrailer" wrote in message
On 2 Feb 2006 00:49:13 -0800, "dirt dibbler"
wrote:

Mike Lyle wrote:
Steve Newport wrote:
[...]

I fancy a thong thith thummer
I shall thing with the thongbirds

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII feel a thong coming
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Then theres "thing a thing of thixpence"

Sorry Im just in one of those moods

Me too

Doctor " Big breaths"

Patient - "Yeth, and I'm only thicthteen"

Steve

Old 02-02-2006, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

Sorry Im just in one of those moods

Jutht ath thwell. We couldn't withthtand a lot more of thith.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

Old 02-02-2006, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PammyT

--
X-No-Archive
"Steve Newport" wrote in message
Hi everybody,

I am looking to grow some horseradish in containers (to control it)
but cant find anybody selling seeds or plants. Can anybodt suggest
anything?

I understand that the leaves are poisonouos. Can they be used in the
compost heap?

Thanks
Steve

you can come and dig up as much as you want from my bantam paddock.FREE!

Old 02-02-2006, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:
On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:45:56 -0000, Rusty Hinge 2
wrote:
The message
from Dave the exTrailer contains these words:

/thnip/

Sorry Im just in one of those moods

Jutht ath thwell. We couldn't withthtand a lot more of thith.

Oh thod.

/thnip motht of joke/

....so the god emerges from the temple in the morning, accompanied by the
seven vestal wossnames.

"I am Thor!" he tells them.

"Yeth, but are you thatisthighed?" chorus the V-Vs

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
the pilot

Its always a good bet to check out Ebay

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...gray_bale&iid=

Hope it helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Duncan

wrote:

Mike Lyle wrote:
Steve Newport wrote:
[...]

Phwoarrr!! Phwoaarrr!!

No! Not THAT kind of thong! Dirrrrty old man!

Duncan

Horseradish Tree Gae Xavier Texas 18 09-10-2005 08:45 AM
Horseradish again karen United Kingdom 2 07-05-2003 08:56 PM
Help, re horseradish karen United Kingdom 7 06-05-2003 11:20 PM
Horseradish growing ED ROGERS United Kingdom 3 03-05-2003 05:20 AM
Horseradish... Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot United Kingdom 8 03-03-2003 11:42 PM