Old 06-02-2006, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Propagating Echium Pinninana from seed

On 6/2/06 20:55, in article
, "Sue"
wrote:

snip
It seems Geoff Stebbings is
gardening not all that far from Norfolk though. What an inspiration.

He's in Cambridgeshire and I admit that surprised and interested me.
They're wonderful plants - well worth a try, at least. I do like that white
one. But he's right about skin irritation - be very wary of that.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-02-2006, 11:21 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Thank you for all your advice. I have planted what I had under glass. I didn't have enough to save some for later. I just hope there was actually some viable seed there.

My brother's near Leicester got to about 2.5m, also a smaller one. He has now moved house, so I can't ask for any self-sown seedlings.

I have a very light sandy pebbly top-soil, so perhaps I shall be lucky, if I actually get some plants.
Old 24-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

[quote=echinosum]Thank you for all your advice. I have planted what I had under glass. I didn't have enough to save some for later. I just hope there was actually some viable seed there.[quote]
I how have about a hundred little seedlings, giving me plenty of opportunity for experimentation.