Old 15-02-2006, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
peterlsutton

Default Off Topic - rubbish

I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

Old 15-02-2006, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Holmes

"peterlsutton" wrote in message
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Old 15-02-2006, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
madgardener

"peterlsutton" wrote in message
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

if it was all that mindless word dribble, I simply erased it....went up to
the toolbar above the headers under Edit and hit delete for ALL of
them...........I read one, making sure it wasn't something worth it, and saw
it was drivel...........
maddie

Old 15-02-2006, 10:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space

I scanned and then kilfiled

Old 15-02-2006, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
peterlsutton

I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Sorry if I did not make it clear - there were 20 or 30 posts just containing
rubbish such as this :-

The clever wrinkle rarely helps Alexandra, it shouts Gary
instead.
You grasp once, waste monthly, then improve between the sauce
among the hall. The coconut beneath the long winter is the jug
that
hates stupidly. Who did Bruce live the shoe through the
worthwhile

It looks as if it is all done by the same person or group, as it is all of a
similar random generated style. Maybe half term is the answer. It is a sad
world that we live in!

Old 15-02-2006, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"peterlsutton" wrote in message
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

Some NewsServers such as News.Individual filtered them all
out. And so the first many people may have know about it, if at
all, may have been if they consulted the current U.R.G. page on
Google Groups that day, when the first three or four pages were
filled with total gibberish. The messages are probably generated
automatically, and posted just so as to demonstrate how easily it
can be done. And so as to attract attention, and comment. Other
groups may also be being targeted on a rota basis. Or as being
among the least likely groups to contain too many script kiddies.

michael adams

Old 15-02-2006, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"peterlsutton" wrote ...
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

Didn't see any of it, that's one reason I use news.individual.net for
non-binary newsgroups.

--
Regards
Bob

Old 15-02-2006, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , peterlsutton
writes
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Sorry if I did not make it clear - there were 20 or 30 posts just
containing rubbish such as this :-

You were lucky. There were several thousand. I unsubscribed for a few
hours to let the flood pass.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 16-02-2006, 02:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from "peterlsutton" contains these words:

I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Sorry if I did not make it clear - there were 20 or 30 posts just containing
rubbish such as this :-

The clever wrinkle rarely helps Alexandra, it shouts Gary
instead.
You grasp once, waste monthly, then improve between the sauce
among the hall. The coconut beneath the long winter is the jug
that
hates stupidly. Who did Bruce live the shoe through the
worthwhile

It looks as if it is all done by the same person or group, as it is all of a
similar random generated style. Maybe half term is the answer. It is a sad
world that we live in!

It's a malicious 'flood'. All came from Telia.com, which probably has
lots of security holes in it. I understand there were over 8,000 in the
original batch, but most servers quickly stemmed the flow.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-02-2006, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cerumen

In message , peterlsutton
writes
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person
posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Sorry if I did not make it clear - there were 20 or 30 posts just
containing rubbish such as this :-

You were lucky. There were several thousand. I unsubscribed for a few
hours to let the flood pass.

Same here, some sort of idiot playing the fool, must be half term or
something.

--
Chris Thomas
West Cork

Old 16-02-2006, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 16/2/06 9:36 am, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

In message , peterlsutton
writes
I know it is off topic - but can anyone tell me what sort of person
posts
all the rubbish that appeared on 10 Feb and what is the purpose of it?

You will have to be a bit more specific!

Sorry if I did not make it clear - there were 20 or 30 posts just
containing rubbish such as this :-

You were lucky. There were several thousand. I unsubscribed for a few
hours to let the flood pass.

Same here, some sort of idiot playing the fool, must be half term or
something.

Hereabouts, half term doesn't start until tomorrow. ;-) But this sort of
flooding has been done to agr before. Does anyone think there's any point
in contacting Telia.com to ask them to watch their security a bit more?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 16-02-2006, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Hereabouts, half term doesn't start until tomorrow. ;-) But this sort of
flooding has been done to agr before. Does anyone think there's any point
in contacting Telia.com to ask them to watch their security a bit more?

It's been done, and to Nanas.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 16-02-2006, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emery Davis

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:25:41 +0100
Martin wrote:

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:14:22 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:

[]
You were lucky. There were several thousand. I unsubscribed for a few
hours to let the flood pass.

I use news.individual.net and received none.

Same and same. The last time this happened urg was completely
shut down for me. I think it was about a year ago, and I only
resubscribed recently...

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 16-02-2006, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

Does anyone think there's any point
in contacting Telia.com to ask them to watch their security
a bit more?

At a guess the people responsible deliberately choose
telia.com - for which they probably have to pay a high
monthly subscription, specifically because telia don't
prohibit such activity. Or any posting activity of any
kind at all. There are still one or two such outlets
around - some of them are Free Speech zealots in the US.
Others are based in former parts of the USSR

Telia are already on news.individual's banned list
which is why they're already blocked for anyone using
news.individual net.

The best recourse is to contact your own ISP if you use
their own News Service, or whichever NewsServer you use and
ask them to blacklist Telia.com.

michael adams

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
)

Old 16-02-2006, 01:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...

Does anyone think there's any point
in contacting Telia.com to ask them to watch their security
a bit more?

At a guess the people responsible deliberately choose
telia.com - for which they probably have to pay a high
monthly subscription, specifically because telia don't
prohibit such activity. Or any posting activity of any
kind at all. There are still one or two such outlets
around - some of them are Free Speech zealots in the US.
Others are based in former parts of the USSR.....

or 'er Sweden as in this case....oops!