Old 17-02-2006, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Signatures

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:
The message
from Rusty Hinge 2 contains these words:

WHO THREW THAT?

Me. Good shot what? It's what you deserve for treading plasticene
into the urg carpet.

Right. I'm going to go and play loud records on my gramoxone.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 17-02-2006, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha writes
Now that all those who are seriously, seriously, seriously
computer-literate-maniacs-who-could-clear-a-pub-in-10-minutes are going
to argue about bloody lines and dashes and names and when and where and
how and if, I really wish I hadn't started this. I really do. I
thought it would *help* those new to the group asking questions
pertaining to their own gardens. Please allow me to point out to those
of you having a lovely time arguing about the hows and wheres, that
this was my original intention. Instead, it's degenerated into a
ridiculous squabble about HOW TO USE YOUR LUMP OF PLASTICINE. But as
this is a newsgroup and you're all free to play in the kitty litter to
your heart's content, I give up; God forbid common sense should
prevail. Please, do go on discussing your feathering dashes and spaces
- so much more important than ease of use of urg for its contributors,
after all. Bum. And humph. And a couple of mutters and grumbles, too.

But Sacha! This is urg! It's a discussion group. The OP has no control
over where the discussion takes us, just as the person who asks advise
on cultivating leylandii has no control over the reams of 'prune them 1
ft below ground level' advice that he/she will get!
--
Kay
Old 17-02-2006, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/2/06 11:55 am, in article , "K"
wrote:

[...]

But you must admit it usually takes a little longer than this. I'm not sure
it's not an urg record. It's why I've started a different thread on the
matter, without mentioning the dread words 'signature' or 'file'. ;-)
Perhaps the suggestion could be incorporated into the abc for newcomers so
usefully posted each week. Knowing where someone gardens really does make a
lot of difference to the help and advice they get.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-02-2006, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...
On 17/2/06 11:55 am, in article , "K"
wrote:

[...]

Maybe if everyone just adopted apppropriate posting names
that would solve the problem without too much ado. Devon Sasha,
Aran Janet, Cambridge Nick, Runnymede Bob etc. etc.

You first.

michael adams

Old 17-02-2006, 01:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Rusty Hinge 2 writes:

| I exchange emus with M$ minions in the .NET and other areas.

Kinky!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 17-02-2006, 01:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 17/2/06 1:04 pm, in article , "michael
adams" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
id...snip

But you must admit it usually takes a little longer than this. I'm not

sure
it's not an urg record. It's why I've started a different thread on the
matter, without mentioning the dread words 'signature' or 'file'. ;-)
Perhaps the suggestion could be incorporated into the abc for newcomers so
usefully posted each week. Knowing where someone gardens really does make

lot of difference to the help and advice they get.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
)

Maybe if everyone just adopted apppropriate posting names
that would solve the problem without too much ado. Devon Sasha,
Aran Janet, Cambridge Nick, Runnymede Bob etc. etc.

It sounds suitably plant like, I must admit!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-02-2006, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote
from Janet Baraclough
from Rusty Hinge 2 :

WHO THREW THAT?

Me. Good shot what? It's what you deserve for treading plasticene
into the urg carpet.

Right. I'm going to go and play loud records on my gramoxone.

If there isn't one, there definitely ought to be a band called The
Shrivelled Weeds.

--
Sue

Old 17-02-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

michael adams writes

)

Maybe if everyone just adopted apppropriate posting names
that would solve the problem without too much ado. Devon Sasha,
Aran Janet, Cambridge Nick, Runnymede Bob etc. etc.

Except you have Janet a couple of hundred miles out and in a different
country ;-)

--
Kay

Old 17-02-2006, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"K" wrote in message
michael adams writes

)

Maybe if everyone just adopted apppropriate posting names
that would solve the problem without too much ado.

Except you have Janet a couple of hundred miles out and in a different
country ;-)

--
Kay

Oops! Make that Devon Sasha, Arran Janet, Cambridge Nick,
Runnymede Bob etc. etc.

Dyslexic Michael

Old 17-02-2006, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ron Clark

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:10:15 +0100, Martin wrote this
(or the missive included this):

Maybe if everyone just adopted apppropriate posting names
that would solve the problem without too much ado. Devon Sasha,
Aran Janet, Cambridge Nick, Runnymede Bob etc. etc.

You first.

michael adams

Garden of Eden Adams?

Common or garden Adams?

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 17-02-2006, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from K contains these words:

But Sacha! This is urg! It's a discussion group. The OP has no control
over where the discussion takes us, just as the person who asks advise
on cultivating leylandii has no control over the reams of 'prune them 1
ft below ground level' advice that he/she will get!

And after all, the question was addressed and answered adequately, so it
would be a waste of a good thread to discard it so soon.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 17-02-2006, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

But you must admit it usually takes a little longer than this. I'm not sure
it's not an urg record. It's why I've started a different thread on the
matter, without mentioning the dread words 'signature' or 'file'. ;-)
Perhaps the suggestion could be incorporated into the abc for newcomers so
usefully posted each week. Knowing where someone gardens really does make a
lot of difference to the help and advice they get.

Hang Babylon.

--
al Tikriti

--