Old 19-02-2006, 12:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith Hampson

Default small natural pond

Hi, I have an old plastic barrel and would like to make a small natural pond
out of it, with a couple of gold fish in, can anyone give me some advice on
how to do this, also suggest what plan life to put in it to keep it as clear
as possible, how deep should it be too? any suggestions will be great.

Thanks Keith

Old 19-02-2006, 11:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 19/2/06 0:39, in article , "Keith
Hampson" wrote:

Hi, I have an old plastic barrel and would like to make a small natural pond
out of it, with a couple of gold fish in, can anyone give me some advice on
how to do this, also suggest what plan life to put in it to keep it as clear
as possible, how deep should it be too? any suggestions will be great.

If you're going to keep fish in it, it will need some form of aeration for
the water, so you'll need a pump. But in today's Sunday Telegraph I
glimpsed an article by Charlie Dimmock on this sort of thing. I haven't
read it right through so am unsure of the detail but it looked helpful and
might be available online.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 19-02-2006, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

On 19/2/06 11:12, in article
, "Sacha"

Hampson" wrote:

Hi, I have an old plastic barrel and would like to make a small natural pond
out of it, with a couple of gold fish in, can anyone give me some advice on
how to do this, also suggest what plan life to put in it to keep it as clear
as possible, how deep should it be too? any suggestions will be great.

If you're going to keep fish in it, it will need some form of aeration for
the water, so you'll need a pump. But in today's Sunday Telegraph I
glimpsed an article by Charlie Dimmock on this sort of thing. I haven't
read it right through so am unsure of the detail but it looked helpful and
might be available online.

Sorry, Mail on Sunday has the article!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 20-02-2006, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave H

"Keith Hampson" wrote in message
Hi, I have an old plastic barrel and would like to make a small natural

pond
out of it, with a couple of gold fish in, can anyone give me some advice

on
how to do this, also suggest what plan life to put in it to keep it as

clear
as possible, how deep should it be too? any suggestions will be great.

Thanks Keith

Hi Keith
in my experience you cannot have a 'natural' pond
with goldfish in... they will eat all of the larvae, insects etc...

Dave H

Seasonal natural pond PreMonier Ponds 9 26-05-2011 11:08 PM
Newbie question: Small filter for small pond? angel toledo Ponds 4 22-04-2005 05:18 PM
Lily in Natural Pond JJ Ponds 10 22-04-2005 12:40 AM
Keeping a natural area, natural aggiecon Plant Science 2 13-12-2004 07:05 PM
Natural pond? James Williams Ponds 1 01-08-2003 04:04 AM